I have a grabber

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's probably just playing but I want some other opinions. This started a while go, not sure how long. When Popsie is in bed with me he'll take his paw and pull small objects off my night stand.
He also does it while he's sitting at the computer desk with me. My guess is he's just trying to occupy himself but who knows.

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
GUH! I have one too.
Haha. It can be annoying sometimes.

I will take a necklace off and set it on the computer desk, and he decides he has to grab it and any other small objects on the desk off immediately.

He also has to make sure every cup in the room is knocked over and every straw is pulled out, along with the constant grabbing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by iced tei

GUH! I have one too.
Haha. It can be annoying sometimes.

I will take a necklace off and set it on the computer desk, and he decides he has to grab it and any other small objects on the desk off immediately.

He also has to make sure every cup in the room is knocked over and every straw is pulled out, along with the constant grabbing.
Aren't cats great.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tigger takes all my hairbows I have to keep them on a metal ring in a zipped bag if not I have to buy them every 2-3 weeks...He loves them he will carry them around for hours drop them to eat or use his litterbox and picks them right back up again
and if I try to take them from him he growls at me...and they were mine to start with

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson does this at 1am to DH's nightstand. He first goes for the remotes, then anything else up there. 99% of the time he just wants DH to walk him to the dry food dish in the bedroom.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read a book a while ago regarding cat behavior. There's this cat who grabs make up sponges and soak them in water. Then, he hid somewhere and ambush the dogs with the wet sponges. I think cats are very smart!

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Tigger takes all my hairbows I have to keep them on a metal ring in a zipped bag if not I have to buy them every 2-3 weeks...He loves them he will carry them around for hours drop them to eat or use his litterbox and picks them right back up again
and if I try to take them from him he growls at me...and they were mine to start with
Gizmo does that same thing. I keep all my hair bands on a shelf in the bathroom. I'm honestly not sure how he gets them as they aren't really accessible but somehow he does because I often find them the next morning on the bathroom floor or on occasion out in the living room.

Fortunately none have ended up in the litter box.

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I read a book a while ago regarding cat behavior. There's this cat who grabs make up sponges and soak them in water. Then, he hid somewhere and ambush the dogs with the wet sponges. I think cats are very smart!
That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Yep, cats are definitely evil geniuses!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Some cats.
Tomas is a grabby cat. He'll take stuff off my night stand and my desk, usually while in my lap. He thinks he's being cute. It results in my telling him "No, that's mine" or "get your paws off that!" and Tomas meowing back at me complaining - then back and forth. I don't mind it unless he tips over my drink.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's Ophelia, she has a fascination with gravity. Cup paw, knock things off table, watch fall, then look at meowmy's angry face innocently.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone finds a way to stop it please let me know. Jordan has been better since he's been sick, but he has broken 2 lamps now. He nocks them off the night stand at night to wake me. He goes in the drawers in the bathroom & knocks stuff out. He gets on the dresser & trys to knock everything off. He will knock the garbage can over at night. When he's really in a mood he opens & empties the medicine cabinet. All of his health issues have slowed him some, but not entirely. He is still knocking over the lamp & the garbage can.

I should add that with Jordan it is 100% attention getting behavior.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My savior? Double sided tape....I tape the things Ophelia likes to knock off/break down.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^That wouldn't work for me. Tomas has a strong fascination with tape. He would find it, pick it off whatever it was taped too and eat it. You should have seen him with the tape left on boxes on Christmas. I had to chase him down and pull tape and clothes stickers out of his mouth several times.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

^That wouldn't work for me. Tomas has a strong fascination with tape. He would find it, pick it off whatever it was taped too and eat it. You should have seen him with the tape left on boxes on Christmas. I had to chase him down and pull tape and clothes stickers out of his mouth several times.
Yep. Jordan has that same fascination. One time he broke a few pieces out of a fan gaurd. So I thought, I know I'll tape the hole closed & they won't get hurt. Not 30 seconds later, I hear this ripping sound. Look up & here comes Jordan with the tape hanging out of his mouth. Rarely do I see him that happy. Boy was he upset when I took the tapa way.

ginamarina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reading this thread, I miss my Cilla so much!!! If I didn't get up early enough in the morning to feed her she would knock over all the bottles on my dresser. If that didn't work, magazines and books would crash off my bookcase headboard onto my head

She'd run away with any rubberband she found, and the pen you reach for was always zinged onto the floor.

heatherita510

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
martini also knocks over every single glass she finds (if i know i want to enjoy my drink, i need to put it in a water bottle cuz she has no problem knocking over full glasses). she also thinks cell phones belong on the floor. its gotten to the point that if i dont want martini knocking things around, i have to hide them... every night i sleep with my tv remote, my cell phone, and my glasses (she loves to steal those!) under my pillow. she also now steals my razor out of my shower and my toothbrush.

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Midnight is one of my grabbers and so was Bailey. They both loved my two younger daughters' My Little Ponies and would carry them around the house by their tails. At first I scolded my daughters for not putting their toys away because I'd see ponies here and there down the hall and on the stairs but then I caught Bailey red pawed with the pony in her mouth.
She'd rub her face in the pony's mane & tail, then dump it on the floor when she was done playing with it. Midnight would play with them too, though not as often as Bailey.

I miss her. She was the sweetest and funniest kitty I'd ever known.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by heatherita510

martini also knocks over every single glass she finds (if i know i want to enjoy my drink, i need to put it in a water bottle cuz she has no problem knocking over full glasses). she also thinks cell phones belong on the floor. its gotten to the point that if i dont want martini knocking things around, i have to hide them... every night i sleep with my tv remote, my cell phone, and my glasses (she loves to steal those!) under my pillow. she also now steals my razor out of my shower and my toothbrush.
Every night I have to put my glasses in their case in a drawer, and I must make sure the drawer is closed all the way. If there is the slightest opening, Jordan will pull it open the rest of the way.

He has stolen many a toothbrush. I used to keep a stash of new ones in a drawer. He isn't as intrested in them as he used to be. He has out grown many of his sassy behaviors. He used to make me so may, but now when he's naughty I just laugh. It is a lot easier to deal with when it is not a daily occurance.