Human treats

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are some of your cats favorite human foods. I don't give Popsie too much. Just a tidbit here and there. His favorites are cheese, lunch meats, and hamburger. He also likes Frito's.
I've never actually gave him one but when DH eats them and drops some on the floor Popsie will be there to eat it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anything at all. Even veggies from salad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

anything at all. Even veggies from salad
Yeah, Popsie does like peas. Cornball

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alfredo sauce. The last time I made cheese stuffed shells in alfredo sauce I let Tomas have a taste.... he went nuts over it. So I gave in and let him lick my bowl when I was done - after that he became extremely obnoxious when he saw DH or I eating any (I made a big batch). We had to let him have our bowls to lick.

They both love meat, especially roasted chicken. And the typical favorite, cheese.

mxtine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ashes loves plain yogurt, cherry pie filling and those fruit leather snacks I buy at Trader Joes. She has a sweet tooth.

Cujo will eat anything.

Mercedes (she lives at my parents' home) loves cheese. She'll run to the kitchen when she hears the cheese wrapper noise.

Elvis (also at mom's house) eats oranges.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bayley will eat anything and everything
The first day we brought him home from the shelter he stole a whole piece of pizza from my plate and went running with it! We knew right away we were in trouble

Harley doesn't care for much except boiled chicken or a drop of milk once in awhile

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie likes ham. The last time I cooked a ham, he just about climbed up my leg to get at it, meowing all the way (he's not a big meow-er).

Cindy likes potato chips. I don't give them to her, but DH is a slob and sometimes drops pieces on the floor. Then he'll call me, honey! Cindy is hovering!

sybilnaffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittys
LOVE
Turkey ham! And fish fillets, but what can you expect! They also like steak and chicken...but will beg for whatever it is that I am eating!

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only thing Pan will eat besides his food is eggs (any style) or crab. Maybe I should make him a Maryland omelet next time?

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loki seems to like the Lemonades Girl Scout Cookies, which I found out last month. He hadn't even tasted one yet, and was completely in my face! I was just like, "Loki, you can't taste sweet stuff and you're not supposed to like citrus!"

I left the box in the larger cardboard transportation box and put something on it so the boys couldn't get into it while I was at work. When I came home I found that he had pushed the thing on top of it off, opened the box, managed to take the Lemonades box out of the deep cardboard box it was in (not tipping it over), opened the cookie box, pulled out the plastic covered plastic tray and got himself a cookie! He certainly seemed proud!

Possum doesn't seem to trust that any food other than cat food isn't poisoned.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Loki seems to like the Lemonades Girl Scout Cookies, which I found out last month. He hadn't even tasted one yet, and was completely in my face! I was just like, "Loki, you can't taste sweet stuff and you're not supposed to like citrus!"

I left the box in the larger cardboard transportation box and put something on it so the boys couldn't get into it while I was at work. When I came home I found that he had pushed the thing on top of it off, opened the box, managed to take the Lemonades box out of the deep cardboard box it was in (not tipping it over), opened the cookie box, pulled out the plastic covered plastic tray and got himself a cookie! He certainly seemed proud!

Possum doesn't seem to trust that any food other than cat food isn't poisoned.

Tricia
Wow, you have clever cat.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha, funny kitty with the girl scouts cookies...

Bea used to love ice cream when she was little, she'd go crazy for it, climb up your body and lick it right off your lips!

she's grown out of that though

the girls are pretty good, they really only like their kitty treats, although Paige will have a little tuna or tuna water from time to time.

o! and they love raw meat but that's their regular food so... i guess that doesn't count.

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My old cat Casper loved Meusli Bars, Cheese (what cat doesn't), potatoe chips, Raisins and peas.

Ginger is too much of a fusspot, apart from the odd scrap of chocolate

mia's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had no idea cats even ate people food anything I bring home Mia looks at it and turns up her nose. I don't cook so aside from pizza and burgers all she sees are frozen veggies and junk food. I gave Mia tuna once she ate a little but lost interest.

whitewillow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mango likes meat!, him and his brother.. they must have got it from their mom, cause every time I open a bag of lunch meat they can hear it and all 3 come running. Mango's dad Sleek, he is very picky about his food, but he did one time eat half of a Mounds bar off the table.. lol

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both love chicken which is understandable

But Maisie is weird because she is uber fussy but she loves eating crisps!

Oh, I forgot! My sister has a really funny little cat called PP. She likes curry, sweetcorn, cabbage, washing up bubbles from the sink..... She`s not wired up right!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine HATES all people food except: Angel food cake, the salt off of saltine crackers and her all-time favorite...QUESO! She's a very odd cat.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Monster really wont eat anything that isnt cat food. however, he LOVES licking cream cheese off of my finger. everytime i have a bagel he seems to sense it & will come flying onto my lap. ive tried to give him turkey & chicken before, but he wont eat it which i find odd. when i was in the hospital for a month, i was told he wouldnt eat for the first few days, i guess he was sad i wasnt here, so they tried tuna to get him to start eating again. well, it worked. i had always thought of switching to raw, but i figured if he wouldnt eat turkey or chicken, he wouldnt eat the raw diet either. even though he will jump up on ur lap if ur eating & sniff ur food, but if u offer him any he doesnt take it.

Mittens on the other hand is Queen Mooch. as soon as she sees someone with food she is right there, sniffing, & lookin at you like"well, arent u going to share? am i not cute enuff?" & unlike Monster, she will eat pretty much anything offered to her. even things cats really shouldnt eat, like potato chips. my bf tries to offer them to her & i yell at him cuz cats arent supposed to have salt. plus i try to monitor the amount of human food she eats, bc she is healthy & i dont want that to change, & she is very tiny & i dont want her to get overweight.