Guess what I saw last night?!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WICKED!

It was the most awesome thing I have ever seen! I love musicals and hadn't been to a play in person before and I LOVED every minute! The cast was wonderful and it was so funny!

The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie EVER and now I will be looking at it toally differently since you see the witch's side of it!

Has anyone else seen this? It is next heading to Chicago so I'm thinking I may be going there as well

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen nor read the book. I would like to do one or both.

The only one I read was his version of Cinderella. It was pretty good...you kind of knew whose point of view it was through.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in fact I am green with envy wocka wocka wocka

I used to go see plays and musicals a lot, Les Miserables, South Pacific, Phantom of the Opera, but I haven't been able to afford to go lately

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in fact I am green with envy wocka wocka wocka

I used to go see plays and musicals a lot, Les Miserables, South Pacific, Phantom of the Opera, but I haven't been able to afford to go lately
I haven't seen the play but I read the book and I couldn't put it down. We saw Les Miserables in German in Germany. Since it is basically an opera, no problem. The funniest part was reading the English translation. In one part they were describing how Jean (the protagonist) "fleas." What funnier is that they were describing what happened before the song, "Dog Eat Dog."

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 12 y/o loves Wicked. She loves the sound track (has it on her MP3 player), and read the book. I wanted to get her tickets for Christmas, but could not swing it. It is already playing in the Chicago area, and should be for at least a few more months.

My daughter even dressed up as Elphaba (sp?) for Halloween last year! I'm glad you got to see the play!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm dying to see that! I read the alternative Cinderella story and I loved it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

You are so funny!

I bought this shirt:
http://www.wickedmerch.com/ProductIn...=I%20LOVE%20OZ

But if I would have waited until after the show I would have bought this shirt:

http://www.wickedmerch.com/ProductIn...ductid=DEFY2.0

I have decided that I think I may be on Broadway someday