(Frustrated) Why is she doing this??

bubblpopelectrc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the last month or two, my cat has began pooping in the bathtub. At first, it was only about a once or week. Now, it happens daily.

She is completely healthy. Nothing has changed. Same litter box, same litter, same everything.

I am becoming so frustrated! How can I stop this?? If the problem persists can I crate her during the daytime?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that did this if the litter box was not pristine. IF the box was clean when she wanted to go, she would use it. Is your box where you can see if it is clean?

I don't know of any health things that would cause this. Is she mad at you? Have you made her angry, yelled at her, takin in another animal, person, something that may have her upset?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I don't know of any health things that would cause this. Is she mad at you? Have you made her angry, yelled at her, takin in another animal, person, something that may have her upset?
i actually had one that pooped outside the box... before i knew i should rule out healthy problems. found out later she had some kind of intestinal deal going on. got it fixed, but the habit was set. finally had to rehome her.
definitely have a vet check her out before assuming behavioral!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubblpopelectrc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As I said, she is healthy. Everything is the same as well.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc

As I said, she is healthy. Everything is the same as well.
sorry, didn't realize you meant a vet visit! in that case, you might try the CatAttract litter or litter additive. my local Petsmart carries both. it's worked wonders w/my poopy boy, Chip. he occasionally would poop on my bed, for reasons unknown... altho it almost always was when i was not home much in the evenings.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she hasn't been to the vet and you are just looking at her and thinking she is healthy- she needs to see a vet. Ask him to run blood work. In my experience, when they poop on hard surfaces it is usually health related. Softer items they poop on is usually stress. She should have two litter pans not one, and she should have access to litter pans on every floor of your home. But honestly, this is more than likely health related.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd take her to the vet and get checked out. If everything is the same, then its something physically wrong with her - infection, or something.