Wedding Invitations

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday i took a trip to Panduro to find a few random bits and pieces so that I could make a few "test" invitation designs. I think I made six or seven different cards, but this is one that we both liked.

I figured a teeny bit of silver glitter and a fine silver string to hold in the printed inserts (when they're ready to go in, of course) would look really pretty. What do you think?

It's nice to have something to keep me constructively occupied

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cute, currently i am making our engagement invitations, We wont be doing the wedding ones untill we get to Australia anyway.

I am also making my own veil, its going to take so long because i bought organza material and i need to sew the sides up so it doesnt fray and i am such a slow sewer!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's lovely; I might steal your idea when the time comes!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is lovely. It is great that you have the time and energy to do it yourself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catnip

That's lovely; I might steal your idea when the time comes!
Feel free!!

Ady - I've got so much time and this way it will save a LOT of money. I've discovered that I can buy all of the bouquets for myself and the three bridesmaids AND the two flowergirls - all in real looking silk - for much less that some brides pay for their own bouquet of real flowers! I'm going to save as much money in as many places as I can get away with, but cheap doesn't necessarily have to LOOK cheap

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How will you slide the card in the envelope so the rose won't get crushed??

For my wedding I copied the bridemaid little headpieces from my friends wedding earlier that year-much cheaper than having them made!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How will you slide the card in the envelope so the rose won't get crushed??

For my wedding I copied the bridemaid little headpieces from my friends wedding earlier that year-much cheaper than having them made!!
The rose is actually fairly robust - they are little silk petals covered in a thick layer of clear glitter, so there's no crushing these babies!!

The colours on the invitations do match our theme - colours and the roses - although they are missing the dusty pink that's also in the theme. Perhaps I should use the dusty pink string and glitter instead of the silver, now that I come to think about it......

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo pretty!!!
My thankyou notes have the same type of paper/flowers in them!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it - very pretty. What is your color wedding theme? I think that the dusty rose string would be better. Silver is used more in 25th anniversaries

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our colour scheme is ivory, dusty pink, burgundy red and pastel green
At least we're not going to be able to mix up out wedding items with mum's (we're handmaking our stationary together in crafty girlie days) - seeing as her theme is ivory, lilac, deep purple and midnight blue - with silver.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I like them! They have roses on them, don't they?

Did you say that you were going to sprinkle glitter in the card? I wouldn't like to get an invitation with glitter in it because it would fall out when I opened it and glitter is hard to clean up.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are beautiful!!! I had a creative idea in mind for my wedding invitations that got lost somewhere in everything else we had to do...I wish I would of made the time for them though!! Yours are incredible!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very cute, and cool that they won't get crushed in the envalope. One thing you may want to check though will be postage on them. If they are thicker than 1/8th of an inch you go up in price. You will be saving a lot makeing them yourself, but you may pay more for postage if you don't watch out. They are really cute though! I like it!