Transport of 2 kittens through South Dakota, Montana, & Idaho!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Need to arrange car transport for my boys!

I can get them to Sioux Falls, SD or thereabouts. They need to get to northern Idaho.

Thanks!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please check with TruckNPaws http://www.trucknpaws.com/
they helped extensively post Katrina returning pets to their owners all over the country.

also on the petfinder.com message forms there is a board specifically for transports. http://forums.petfinder.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Between these to places you should be able to fill up any empty legs.

If those boys took a detour to NM I would love to transport them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've gotten a list of places to contact, plus a TCS member to e-mail. Sending out some e-mails ASAP.

Gotta figure out a time to do this, also.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My offer stands about contributing a little towards gas if needed.

Another thought occured to me.... would maybe flying them there be cheaper? It would definitely be faster.

Remember that kitty who found it's way into her daddy's suitcase and was picked up by a stranger by mistake and later returned? I think they flew the kitty back home for $90.00.

If the price is still the same that is $180.00 for 2 kitties. So maybe we could raise enough money to be able to have them fly?

Also, what about frequent flyer miles? If those can be used maybe there are people who would donate some of their miles to helping get these 2 sweeties to their new forever home

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys have a home?!?!?

Nooooo!
I mean YAAAAY!

I'm gonna miss those boys!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not flying them. Never ever ever. I don't care what it costs, NO! I will not pack them into a cargo hold for a flight, I don't care how cheap it is......I hate the idea of them being in there. I'd fly with them myself, but I don't think I can fit both under the seat. And they'd still have to go through the entire air pressurization thing & it makes me miserable, I can't imagine what it's like for them when they don't understand.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nat, could you be a little clearer about how you feel on that subject?

Can't say I blame you...
that the pieces fall into place quickly.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Not flying them. Never ever ever. I don't care what it costs, NO! I will not pack them into a cargo hold for a flight, I don't care how cheap it is......I hate the idea of them being in there. I'd fly with them myself, but I don't think I can fit both under the seat. And they'd still have to go through the entire air pressurization thing & it makes me miserable, I can't imagine what it's like for them when they don't understand.
I'm glad to hear that. I know it's done all the time but sending animals in the cargo hold has always made me very uneasy. I would try to avoid it at all costs.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get sicker than a dog flying....I just couldn't imagine putting them in that situation. Some cats can do it easily, but the boys are a few sticks shy of a bundle so I worry that flying would do more harm than good.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny and Max both flew here on airlines and they were absolutely fine, and it was absolutely the least expensive and quickest way to transport them.

You shouldn't let your own personal feelings about flying make you prejudge how they MIGHT react. They are not you, and they will not put cats in unpressurized cargo holds.

I flew with Penny and not once did she react to the pressurizing, whereas an infant human on the same flight DID. So you really should keep it in consideration, Nat.

Unless you're subconsciously looking for ways to make it harder for them to leave their Uncle Dory...

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the individual cats personality needs to be considered. I have one that is an absolute mess in any kind of new situation. I'm sure she would work herself in to a frenzy during air transport.

On the other hand, I have another that takes new experiences in stride.

It depends on the cat.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will not fly them. I am going to be stubborn on this one. I don't care if it is faster, I will not put them on a commercial flight. Might not make sense to you guys, but I am not comfortable with it.

I mean, if I could hire a small plane & fly with them, watching them, then I could see yes maybe. But not on a commercial flight, stuck in a cargo hold.

It means I'll have to figure out how to drive through mountains either myself or someone else, which complicates things further, but it's worth it to get the boys home!!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I will not fly them. I am going to be stubborn on this one. I don't care if it is faster, I will not put them on a commercial flight. Might not make sense to you guys, but I am not comfortable with it.

I mean, if I could hire a small plane & fly with them, watching them, then I could see yes maybe. But not on a commercial flight, stuck in a cargo hold.

It means I'll have to figure out how to drive through mountains either myself or someone else, which complicates things further, but it's worth it to get the boys home!!
I'm sure everyone agrees, it's totally up to you to decide what's best.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel bad dragging them on an 18 hour car ride, but IMO it is better than a commercial airline in the boy's case.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering the same thing - have you managed to arrange transportation for them?