Patrick Swayze diagnosed with cancer

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good I'm glad to see they updated that...earlier today it said that he had only 5 weeks to live...I was going to post that until I saw that the situation isn't as "Dire" as originally stated (according to TMZ)

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I work in the Operating Room. Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence....no doubt about it. Please pray for this man, because only a miracle will help him. This is one Hollywood star that has never been caught in a scandal, and has really done good things in his life. He doesn't deserve this. My heart goes out to him and his family in this difficult time.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How sad -- My mom used to watch his movies over an over again

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope he pulls through this... my aunt died of pancreatic cancer a few years ago... he'll be in my prayers.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Hey guys, I work in the Operating Room. Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence....no doubt about it. Please pray for this man, because only a miracle will help him. This is one Hollywood star that has never been caught in a scandal, and has really done good things in his life. He doesn't deserve this. My heart goes out to him and his family in this difficult time.
Most of the time that seems to be what happens and it just isn't fair. Look at Michael J. Fox for example. He is also another good example of injustice.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow. I'm not a huge huge fan, but i do like him. It's terrible when you head about things like this. I mean i wasn't a huge fan of Heath ledger either, but having mum tell me as soon as i woke up, it seemed like one of those things you have to hear a few times before it happens.

Hopefully he gets the treatment he needs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's one of my favorite actors. I am soo sad to hear that
I hope he makes a full recovery soon and goes on to live a long, healthy and happy life

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey guys, I work in the Operating Room. Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence....no doubt about it.
Yep...that was my first thought.
How sad.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad
Unfortunately pancreatic cancer is terminal
The most they can do is offer him treatment to keep him comfortable, but his life span is now weeks to months

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

That was my first thought, too. I just hope that he doesn't suffer too much.

felinelady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I saw this news and chills ran down my spine: my stepfather recently went through treatment--chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and surgery, at M.D. Anderson--for pancreatic cancer. He is now, at 75 years old, among the 5% who have, so far, survived pancreatic cancer, although now (because of the surgery--having part of his pancreas removed) he is now, for all practical purposes, a diabetic.

I know exactly what Patrick Swayze's family is going through.

I hope he beats this cancer.

Felinelady

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

How sad
Unfortunately pancreatic cancer is terminal
The most they can do is offer him treatment to keep him comfortable, but his life span is now weeks to months
Not necessarily. My friend's mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few years ago and was given months to live. She is now in remission and living a good healthy life in London (she was living in the states when she was diagnosed and got wonderful treatment). I saw her at my friend's wedding a year after she was diagnosed and she looked pretty well for all she had been through. So there is some hope.

I have to say I love love P Swayze for his performances in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, two films that make me cry. I'd be very sad to see him go. Lots of prayers for him.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love him! I hope that he stays strong and his treatment works!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey guys, I work in the Operating Room. Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence....no doubt about it.
Exactly, I feel so sorry for the man. I used to work for the Cancer Society and I never met a single person who recovered from pancreatic cancer. Some people go into remission but if it's even a few months advanced the diagnosis is bad.
I send my vibes to him and his family