Kitchen accessories?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, yes - mine are almost a matched set and from a distance it's hard to tell the difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
funny thing is that i have heard many times how unhygenic it is to have cats on the worktops. me and my family don't get sick, we never have tummy bugs and yet our cats have always roamed free around the kitchen.

i hate to say but i went to collect my daughter from her friends house one evening and this girls mum asked me in to show me how her husband had put up ended drawing pins on the worktop to stop their kitten going up there. i was completely horrified and said to her that she couldn't leave them there. the implications of this were massive. she did remove them while i was there but i would question the morals of any human that could do that to their pet.
infact i would leave drawing pins beside his bed so he walked on them.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i hate to say but i went to collect my daughter from her friends house one evening and this girls mum asked me in to show me how her husband had put up ended drawing pins on the worktop to stop their kitten going up there. i was completely horrified and said to her that she couldn't leave them there. the implications of this were massive. she did remove them while i was there but i would question the morals of any human that could do that to their pet.
infact i would leave drawing pins beside his bed so he walked on them.
thats HORRIBLE!!!!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a nice set like that, but I do have a single... I don't have the counter-sitting variety, though. I have the tabletop model.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have tabletop models...
they don't really jump up on the kitchen counter too much..not enough room...
but love the shot..very cute

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute pic!

I have a pass-through from the dining area to the kitchen. Lena and Larry have discovered it. They love "passing through" onto the kitchen counter.

I practically died laughing one night when I was getting their food ready and I looked up and there was Larry, paws up on the ledge, peering through the pass-through, like, "Yes? We ready? We got food happening?"

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nice thing about this accessory is that it comes in a multitude of colors and styles.. though basic black is very nice!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

We have one for tabletop, countertop, top of the fridge. .
ah yes i had forgotten to mention the multi-functional abilities of these accessories. mine also make charming on-top-of-the-fishtank decorations and of course the always pleasing table mat editions. who needs a table cloth when you have one of these beauties!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I have the table mat variety... Also makes a very good kitchen chair warmer.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two kitchen "accessories" myself.
In fact, Forrest eats off one of the counters because Lilly's on a diet and I'm trying to keep their food seperated. I've never known anyone to get sick because a cat was on the kitchen counter.

The cats are allowed on both outside countertops around the kitchen. They are NOT allowed on the center island which has our cooktop. We used to have chairs by the eating area on the island but I took them away because one time when I was cooking I turned away for a moment and when I turned back Forrest was about an inch away from grabbing food out of the frying pan on the stove.
His little head was literally down in the pan ready to grab a bite. To this day he still probably does not understand why I screamed so loud at him.
He's not gotten up there since.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

ah yes i had forgotten to mention the multi-functional abilities of these accessories. mine also make charming on-top-of-the-fishtank decorations and of course the always pleasing table mat editions. who needs a table cloth when you have one of these beauties!