Uh Oh, Guys...

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammie's sister, Sassy (Sassafrass) escaped from the house a month or so ago. Well, she was a lightweight and the vet had wanted to postpone her spaying until she attained a certain weight.

Guess who is preggers? Yup, that would be right. Sass.

They already have four and my son has said no more. I'm guessing that if they cannot find homes, then Sammie might have a niece or nephew living with her.

~sigh~

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart for taking the kittens if they can't find a good home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Bless your heart for taking the kittens if they can't find a good home
Well, they won't go to a shelter, but they better doggone well get Sass fixed!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That would be nice of you to adopt one of the kittens

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how light is she? If she is pregnant she is probably at least 6 months and should be at least 6 lbs by then? they can be spayed at 2lbs!! Unless she had health issues then nevermind. I hate vets that insist on waiting until they are over a certain weight when many vets do pediatric spaying at 8 weeks or 2 lbs.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jen, I don't know the specifics, as Sassy belongs to my son and DIL. I know she did have some health issues earlier, but is fine now. I did tell them that they may need to go vet shopping.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Jen, I don't know the specifics, as Sassy belongs to my son and DIL. I know she did have some health issues earlier, but is fine now. I did tell them that they may need to go vet shopping.
Yeah
If a vet is uncomfortable doing a spay before 6 months, they should at least send them to a vet who can do them.

Ending up with one of her kittens wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though
Do they know any potential good homes?

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet wanted to wait till 4 lbs -- luckily our little girl kitten just snuck in at 4lbs 1 oz at 5 months, when her brother was started to chase her around like he wanted something less than sisterly from her. She was awfully tiny, I was glad we waited till then, but I agree that I'd rather have had her spayed then than pregnant then... even at the size she's at now (right around 5lbs) I can hardly believe she would be able to carry a pregnancy safely. So little!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She sounds exactly like my little olive. Olive is half the size of her sister and is now 10 months old. She is about 5 weeks along now. I really wish I hadn't waited to get her spayed.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had four the other night...three grays and a calico!!

I have first dibs on the calico

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GayleMG

YAY!!

Let's see pics!
They live an hour away from me and I cannot get there until the weekend of 3/22, but you better believe you'll have baby pictures!