Anyone Watch "Jericho"?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my favorite TV show. I don't plan anything for Tuesday nights, because I have to watch it.

It was left for dead by CBS last year - cancelled. It was part of their Fall 2006 season. There was so much of a fan uproar when they cancelled it - letters, nuts sent to both the East Coast and the West Coast CBS offices (the nuts had to do with the storyline) - that the higher-ups actually reversed their decision. They brought the cast and crew and writers back and filmed 7 episodes to begin mid-season of the 2007/08 TV season.

It started a few weeks ago, and I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left!

Last night's episode was particularly disturbing and sad.

Anyone else watching this? I need to discuss.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch it and right now I'm all caught up in who the bad guys and the good guys are it's ever changeing and now I can't believe who they shot in last nights episode I'm just on the edge of my seet for next weeks episode!!

I love SKEET

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the last two shows and last night was very sad. I never saw that coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg. That whole scene at the farm went so fast, I couldn't believe what was happening!
That guy from Ravenwood, Beck, is so evil. When I saw him and his thugs walking towards the house, I thought, "This can't be good." And then, all of a sudden, there's shooting, and Bonnie's got the shotgun, and Mimi gets shot, and....yikes......then the final scene of Stanley holding Bonnie was sooooooo sad.

Yup. Skeet's hot. And that's coming from someone old enough to be his......ummm......much older sister.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Jerico is one of those adictive tv shows like lost.... you have to see what happens next week and it drives you nuts until then.
Yup. I wish next week's episode was on TONIGHT!

I actually saw Skeet Ulrich on the street a little over a year ago. It was while CBS had the show on hiatus. I was waiting for a friend outside a restaurant and he walked right by me! I'm thinking, "Ohmigod. That's Skeet Ulrich!" But, of course, by the time I thought that, he had walked further down the sidewalk. So, then, I'm thinking, "I've got to tell him how much I love his work.....how much I love the show!" So I started after him, but he was walking too fast, and I was sort of hurrying to catch up, and then he crossed the street, and I suddenly thought, "Uh......no.....resembles stalking...shouldn't do this."

And I turned around and went to wait for my friend.
I still wish my brain had functioned fast enough to say something the minute I saw him!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

So I started after him, but he was walking too fast, and I was sort of hurrying to catch up, and then he crossed the street, and I suddenly thought, "Uh......no.....resembles stalking...shouldn't do this."

that would have been cool to see him but like you say.... resembles stalking

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I watch it every week and so glad it did come back cuz I watched every episode last season also. I think Bonnie had to die, she had killed all those men and she probably would've wound up behind bars anyway but it was sad when she died, very sad.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband and I just watched all of the first season (6 DVDs) last week. It was so addicting. We'd watch episode after episode until late into the night. It's nice with no commercial breaks.

We missed the first few shows of this season but saw last nights so I've missed all of what is happening with the government. Is there only one main government or a few? Did Hawkins stop the Newburn takeover with the tank?

How sad about Mimi and Bonnie. I assume that Mimi will survive for the last 3 episodes.

I've found the first 3 episodes on iTunes and I think I'm going to get them. There has just been too much that happened that we don't know about.

And who is the Smith guy that Hawkins is getting info from?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AudioCat

My husband and I just watched all of the first season (6 DVDs) last week. It was so addicting. We'd watch episode after episode until late into the night. It's nice with no commercial breaks.

We missed the first few shows of this season but saw last nights so I've missed all of what is happening with the government. Is there only one main government or a few? Did Hawkins stop the Newburn takeover with the tank?

How sad about Mimi and Bonnie. I assume that Mimi will survive for the last 3 episodes.

I've found the first 3 episodes on iTunes and I think I'm going to get them. There has just been too much that happened that we don't know about.

And who is the Smith guy that Hawkins is getting info from?
I'm not sure who the Smith guy is, and I don't trust him. Hawkins got a number off a fax in Beck's (the army guy) office and called it, and it turned out he seems to be working with Valente, but is an informant. (I think. I should re-watch some of this season's episodes myself.....sometimes there's so much info I get confused.)

The army came swooping in and stopped the war with New Bern, on orders from Valente, because they had tracked Sarah there. Then they negotiated sort of a truce between the two towns, and made Jake sherriff. Jake and Eric weren't too pleased with the truce, because Constantino and his group from New Bern had killed their father, but Beck (the head army guy) is very good at trying to keep the peace, and Hawkins and Jake have sort of convinced him to listen to them about the gov't not being on the up and up. (You'll get all of this when you watch the new episodes.)

There are (as far as I can tell) two different governments, divided by the mighty Mississippi. The one west of the Mississippi is the Allied States of America, with this skeevy new president, who gives me the creeps. They're re-writing the constitution, which also gives me the creeps. This gov't., based in Cheyenne, seems to be run by the people behind the whole conspiracy - and Ravenwood goes in and strong-arms and bullies everyone to go along.

I think - I'm not sure, but they did it last season - I think you can view the new episodes on cbs.com/primetime/jericho, so you don't have to buy them from I-Tunes.

Ooh. I bought the whole DVD set from last season. It really is nice to have all the episodes without any commercials!

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow....I really did miss a lot. Nanner, thank you so much for the link to the full shows.
My husband and I will definitely be watching them tonight.

So much happens each episode so if you miss just one you get behind.

Do you think Beck is going to turn out to be a good guy and ultimately help Jake and Hawkins against Valente?....or perhaps a twist in the plot and he turns out to be on Valente's side? Hopefully in a future episode he can somehow turn the military against Valente. That old guy needs to be taken down!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow....I really did miss a lot. Nanner, thank you so much for the link to the full shows.
My husband and I will definitely be watching them tonight.

So much happens each episode so if you miss just one you get behind.

Do you think Beck is going to turn out to be a good guy and ultimately help Jake and Hawkins against Valente?....or perhaps a twist in the plot and he turns out to be on Valente's side? Hopefully in a future episode he can somehow turn the military against Valente. That old guy needs to be taken down!
You're welcome!

I agree - if you miss one episode, it's like, ...."wha.....??" And missing even one little detail throws you off.

I'm thinking Beck is really one of the good guys. Although, with this show, it could take a completely different turn!

I love the actor Esai Morales. This is a great role for him.

I'd really like to see Valente taken down. Evil, evil, evil.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight's episode.....holy moly!

Jam-packed with stuff. I was on the edge of my seat. I cried when Stanley said goodbye to his sister (signing it, no less.....
).

Also, don't mess with Hawkins. I'm just sayin'.....when those guys came to his house and asked him to come with them because Darcy was being "held hostage", I was thinking, "Hmmm.....like he's really going to believe this." I loved it when he completely turned the tables on them.

And Stanley at the end......whoa.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Ravenwood guy needed to "go away". I just really disliked him. I'm hoping that by giving his body to the New Bern guys that Stanley will not be dealt with by the Government. Beck seemed pretty horrified to see him hanging at the entrance to town.

In the previews for next week it looks like the last couple of episodes are going to be a civil war against the government. I'll be interested to see which side Beck is on. My bet is on him joining with Jake and Hawkins.

It really helped to watch the first 3 episodes I missed. Now I know what's going on.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It really helped to watch the first 3 episodes I missed. Now I know what's going on.
YAY!

I'm thinking Beck will side with them as well. I think the information is going to come out about the new "President" being part of Jennings and Rall, and the whole government being bought by Jennings and Rall.

I loved seeing Goetz get his. Although it was pretty shocking to me to see Stanley just come up and shoot him. It all happened so fast!

I can't believe we're almost at the end of the new episodes.
Very sad.