Ummmmmmmmmmmm Question

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, here is a weird question, Dill has been having discharge since saturday and hasnt been cleaning it off herself, either she cant, or she doesnt even know it is there so we have been cleaning it, do cats NEED to do this themselves to stimulate the contractions and so forth or is it ok that she isnt, she is loosing more now than before and thought I should ask, i would think she would want to clean it....

rupydoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would think it is just like humans. The plug is lost from the cervix dialating. I don't think that her cleaning herself would have anything to do with it! She'll start contractions when she is good and ready! I lost my plug THREE WEEKS before daughter was born! (I know, TMI) Talk about false hope of labor! You would think the cleaning would be instinctual, but if she is anything like my cat, being able to clean herself there is only a distant memory. It must be so uncomfortable trying to reach over that belly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thats what im thinking, I havent seen her really clean it that much the past day or so like she really can't reach, there is no way she didnt know it was there, it was quite a large amount.......I hope this poor girl goes soon, she has to be so uncomfortable....If anyone else has ne ideas let me know....

rupydoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I think about it, it makes me feel really bad for them... Cats are such clean and tidy animals! My girl loves her afternoon bath and I'm sure she misses it! How embarrasing having a stinky bottom!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rupydoo

When I think about it, it makes me feel really bad for them... Cats are such clean and tidy animals! My girl loves her afternoon bath and I'm sure she misses it! How embarrasing having a stinky bottom!
I know thats why I keep trying to help, althought she really doesnt like it, But it needs to be done, its prolly very unsanitary for her to just leave it there

cpdillon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Dill!!! Nemo couldn't reach down there the last day or so. She would try but would end up rolling over....it was quite funny to see. I remember when I was pregnant I couldn't see my vajaja to "manicure" (I know TMI) and it was quite frusterating.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cpdillon

Poor Dill!!! Nemo couldn't reach down there the last day or so. She would try but would end up rolling over....it was quite funny to see. I remember when I was pregnant I couldn't see my vajaja to "manicure" (I know TMI) and it was quite frusterating.
haha I know that feeling!! You finally have a full length mirror and you turn around to see a behind full of stretch marks!!!

Dill, uncross your legs!!! You can't keep hiding them in there! Share with the world!!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

haha I know that feeling!! You finally have a full length mirror and you turn around to see a behind full of stretch marks!!!

Dill, uncross your legs!!! You can't keep hiding them in there! Share with the world!!
Hahaha Ya 3 kids later I look like the road map of canada and when i was preggers couldnt see my toes let alone there, I guess it makes sense...but still......poor kitty