My new adventures in babysitting

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sister came over the other nite and asked me if I would babysit my nephew on Mondays. I told her I would love to. I never expected to her ask me that but it does feel good to know that she trusts me that much to watch her son. I will start this Monday.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

My sister came over the other nite and asked me if I would babysit my nephew on Mondays. I told her I would love to. I never expected to her ask me that but it does feel good to know that she trusts me that much to watch her son. I will start this Monday.
What a wonderful opportunity to bond!!

How old is your nephew and how long will you have him? You might want to start planning activities for you two to do together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My nephew is 9 months old. I'm not quite sure how long I will keep him. I guess until I find a job. It does work out great for us right now. I am helping out my sister by keeping him and the rest of the week I have time to look for a job.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My nephew is 9 months old. I'm not quite sure how long I will keep him. I guess until I find a job. It does work out great for us right now. I am helping out my sister by keeping him and the rest of the week I have time to look for a job.
Well then...no need to worry about playtime activities much!

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well things have changed. My sister wants me to start tomorrow. They are moving into their new apartment tomorrow and she also has classes. I will also be babysitting everyday of the week now.. not just Mondays anymore.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We took our BIL's (DH's brother) 3 kids one long weekend to give him a break (he and the kid's mother are separated). We were insane - they were 3, 4, and 5 yrs old at the time.

But it was nice - we didn't have too many problems - the youngest gave us the hardest time during naptime and the 4 yr old - well she got really pouty for awhile. It was 2 boys/1 girl.

Bathtime was fun - DH did the boys, I did the girl
We got them to help make cookies and they wanted the dough more then the cookies. Our best times were "reading before bed". We let them pick out the story book.

Not sure if we will do it again - we are NOT used to little kids and we won't babysite babies - that was the requirement to watch the BIL's kids - all of them had to be potty trained!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well things have changed. My sister wants me to start tomorrow. They are moving into their new apartment tomorrow and she also has classes. I will also be babysitting everyday of the week now.. not just Mondays anymore.
If you're going to be a full time babysitter, is she paying you? It is one thing to babysit one day a week, but every day is a bit much to ask as a "favor". You need time to try to find yourself another job if she isn't going to pay for your time.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is sweet of you to help her out and glad you get to bond with the baby.
Watching him will take up a significant amount of your time that you could be using job hunting so I do hope she is paying you something.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most places now do online applications. So I will still have time to fill them out. I don't want my sister's money. She is strapped for cash right now and I consider this really helping her out. She has been there for me when I really needed it and now I am doing the same for her.