Another ladies question

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well actually if any of the guys new the answer they could answer too. I'm wondering why I'm always so clumsy the day before my monthly visitor? Last night was a terrible night & when I woke up this morning I knew why. It happens at least every other month, I become a clumsy fool, but why?

Now I just have to share my misery. First I got my dinner at Subway. As I was walking back to my car, I tripped over my own feet & fell. Totally scraped up my arm on trying to stop myself. Then in class I droped my binder, picked it up & a bunch of stuff fell out. Then the worst...... As I was leaving school, I turned my car too close to this stupid stop sign & scratched up the bottom of my car on the big concreat thing that holds the sign up. Yep that's right my brand new car with less than 1000 miles now needs to go & get fixed. I just wanted to cry, when I did that. It was just one of those days, I hope it dosen't continue into today!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... I have clumsy days too. I've never looked for a reason though. I hope today is better!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find the same just around the time of the month; I'm way more likely to walk into things. I have no idea why though!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, now my chocolate is mocking me!! Someone from work brought in some Hersey kisses & the flags had differnt sayings on them. Of coarse I take on this morning & guess what the flag says......................................................

OUCH

Can you believe it, maybe today will be another one of those days.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Monthly visitor." I hadn't heard that expression since my mother used it, and she had a hysterectomy in 1960!

I'm sure there's been some research done on this. I mean, if it was a serious consideration, wouldn't airlines, the military, etc., want to know what effect these hormones have on their employees?

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

OK, now my chocolate is mocking me!! Someone from work brought in some Hersey kisses & the flags had differnt sayings on them. Of coarse I take on this morning & guess what the flag says......................................................

OUCH

Can you believe it, maybe today will be another one of those days.
I am sorry you have those days. That chocolate flag was too funny. At least it gave you a laugh.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

"Monthly visitor." I hadn't heard that expression since my mother used it, and she had a hysterectomy in 1960!

I'm sure there's been some research done on this. I mean, if it was a serious consideration, wouldn't airlines, the military, etc., want to know what effect these hormones have on their employees?

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think its fairly common, i have always had that problem. i think maybe it has to do with your hormones effecting your brain? i dont know just my guess, but yea.... i once fell off a fire excape in one of my clumsy moments, luckely enough i only scratched and bruised myself on landing.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 20 years since I had those episodes with the monthy visitors, since I had problems and early operation. I do remember those clumsy moments and feelings like I just wasn't firing on all 8 cylinders. I remember it is due to a lack of certain vitamins. Now which ones exactly I don't remember(thats from entering the new phase of getting older). I know the chocolate cravings were also due to a lack of a certain vitamin too. I remember taking several different vitamins and they really worked.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you get a bit light headed too? or sleepier/fatigued more than usual?

From what I've read about how hormones affect blood pressure and blood volume - lowers it more, that could be a pretty likely cause even in a person who doesn't already have preexisting problems with that. Unless your blood pressure is high.
When the two are lowered enough it also affects how much blood and oxygen reaches your brain.
In other words, I walk around like this all the time so I've never noticed an increase in clumsiness.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well actually if any of the guys new the answer they could answer too. I'm wondering why I'm always so clumsy the day before my monthly visitor? Last night was a terrible night & when I woke up this morning I knew why. It happens at least every other month, I become a clumsy fool, but why?

Now I just have to share my misery. First I got my dinner at Subway. As I was walking back to my car, I tripped over my own feet & fell. Totally scraped up my arm on trying to stop myself. Then in class I droped my binder, picked it up & a bunch of stuff fell out. Then the worst...... As I was leaving school, I turned my car too close to this stupid stop sign & scratched up the bottom of my car on the big concreat thing that holds the sign up. Yep that's right my brand new car with less than 1000 miles now needs to go & get fixed. I just wanted to cry, when I did that. It was just one of those days, I hope it dosen't continue into today!!
i've never noticed that am clumsy before my monthly! i might pay more attention next time & see now!

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just get relly emotional. I know that if I start crying for no reason, I'll get in in about 48 hours.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

I just get relly emotional. I know that if I start crying for no reason, I'll get in in about 48 hours.
yeh, that's the same for me! i'll cry over silly thing's, & then sometime's i'll cry over nothing at all!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hormones released loosen up ligaments and muscles in my SI joints, back, hips, and a few other joints and sets off my arthritis. Usually results in a back ache, SI joint pain, or me partially popping some joint out.
No cramps, moodiness, or bloating that so many others suffer from. As far as "emotional", I have two modes - awake and asleep.
Not an emotional person at all, not even then.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!! What a day! I get the same way!!! I dated a guy who loved to say "you're as gracefull as a baby giraffe

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

yeh, that's the same for me! i'll cry over silly thing's, & then sometime's i'll cry over nothing at all!
Yeah I get that too. I preety much get everything short of homicidal tendencies (although there have been moments). Thinking about it, I was a little snippy with my boss a couple times this week, I bet that was the problem. Sometimes I think I qualify for PMDD. I don't get every symptom every month, but sometimes like this month I do.

Here's my list:
Moodiness; crying, crabby, anygry
Fatigue
Muscle sorness, back pain
Water retention (sometimes up to 10 lbs)
Tenderness in certain upper torso areas
Clumsyness
Not thinking clearly or quickly.
cramps

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah I get that too. I preety much get everything short of homicidal tendencies (although there have been moments). Thinking about it, I was a little snippy with my boss a couple times this week, I bet that was the problem. Sometimes I think I qualify for PMDD. I don't get every symptom every month, but sometimes like this month I do.

Here's my list:
Moodiness; crying, crabby, anygry
Fatigue
Muscle sorness, back pain
Water retention (sometimes up to 10 lbs)
Tenderness in certain upper torso areas
Clumsyness
Not thinking clearly or quickly.
cramps
that's some list! i'd get all the crying, pains, tenderness & water retention. the moodyness also, i bet my partner love's that time, not!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just get a little more moody and things that normally roll off my back bother me. It's like I'm on edge.

I can get clumsy too. Today I almost fell on my face while walking into class. I was walking to my chair and the room was almost completely black. Someone put their backpack on the floor next to the wall behind them! GRRRR Don't they realize people have to step over it?

I had the same issues with my car when I first got it....need to get mine fixed still. Someday I'll take it in to fix all the little nicks on it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I had the same issues with my car when I first got it....need to get mine fixed still. Someday I'll take it in to fix all the little nicks on it.
I'm just really mad at myself because I'm normally a really good driver. I have driven past that stop sign a thousand times. I don't even understand how I was that close. I could just kick myslef. If it had been my old car I could have laughed at myslef, but this just makes me mad.