Weather

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the weather where everyone lives? Here there has been ice pellets falling for about 6 hours now. It really hurt when I was outside and on the way home from work we almost went into the ditch because the ground is covered in ice pellets. I am actually really surprised we still have power, internet (I have wireless) and satellite signal.

This is supposed to keep up overnight and start to snow.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
took me 90 min to get work.
plus i had to chisel the ice from around my door to get open.
in a 3 mile area of the highway there was 4 cars off the road. for a total of 7.

i was almost one when the truck thought not going in a stright line was a good idea, and i was only doing 20 mph.

its fun out there. lol

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's only raining right now, but they're may have been some freezing rain overnight. I'm going to leave early so I can take my time going to work.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i stuck my head out the door, and its turned to snow.,

which i may add is better then ice.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

How is the weather where everyone lives? Here there has been ice pellets falling for about 6 hours now. It really hurt when I was outside and on the way home from work we almost went into the ditch because the ground is covered in ice pellets. I am actually really surprised we still have power, internet (I have wireless) and satellite signal.

Sunday night I was hugging DW as she was facing the window and she scared me to death by screaming My God, it's snowing! Indeed it was, big thick flakes falling and sticking. If you think I am making a big deal out of this, I am. This is Plano, Texas and you only see something like this about once every five years. Any snow that sticks, that is. By noon yesterday it was all gone and it was back in the sixties again.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Sunday night I was hugging DW as she was facing the window and she scared me to death by screaming My God, it's snowing! Indeed it was, big thick flakes falling and sticking. If you think I am making a big deal out of this, I am. This is Plano, Texas and you only see something like this about once every five years. Any snow that sticks, that is. By noon yesterday it was all gone and it was back in the sixties again.
Lucky you. We are still very cold and we still have way too much snow. How about sending some of your warm weather in exchange for some more snow?

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been changeable here, going from dry and sunny to sleet and snow. At the moment it's dry but over cast, about 3 or 4 degrees celsius.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had freezing rain all last evening, that turned to a nasty freezing rain/hail mix. Now this AM everything is frozen over and it's been snowing a good portion of the night

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its about 20* and snowing. Its not too chilly though but the snow is sticking. Not like we need anymore

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been snowing pretty much since last night. the snow was up to my knees this morning. Hubby got up early and plowed the driveway and cleaned the walkway to the house. Driving was pretty slow and tricky in spots. At one point I was just cruising along behind a very timid lady driver at between 35 and 40 km/hr when my car (just like imp's) decided for no reason I could see to slide a bit to the side but at that speed it was easily righted again. I had not accelerated nor hit the brake so I still don't know why it slid but hey, it's winter in Canada.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last nite we had a nasty storm roll through. It knocked out the power and the cable. The power came back on about 2am but the cable took a little longer. It came on about 30mins ago. We have roadrunner and digital phone so I couldn't either of them or watch tv.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I must be further north then you because our ice pellets ended about midnight and now itis snowing and blowing like crazy. We are also suppose to have this weather all day as well.

Two weeks from Tomorrow is the first day of spring
Now someone just has to tell Mother Nature that

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of ice. Last night, the rain was coming down hard and it was below freezing. This morning, I almost didn't get into my car there was so much ice. We lost power and our trees in my back yard were coming down. Thankfully, no large limbs or branches have fallen on the bobcat enclosure. Not yet anyway.