MP3 player recommendations?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all!
I'm currently in the market for a MP3 player and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations.

What I want:
-Not huge in size
-4Gb of storage
-accessible volume control
-RELIABLE
-FM stereo (preferably with FM recorder)

I'd go IPod but they only have podcasts, and the radio show I most want to listen to doesn't have one.

Thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
funny, I was looking at each of those! I wish I could find a player where half the reviews weren't "I had it one month and then it died on me". I guess that doesn't exist.
also saw something called a clix....apparently really good player but has no customer support! What kind of electronics company doesn't have customer support these days???
Weird.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

funny, I was looking at each of those! I wish I could find a player where half the reviews weren't "I had it one month and then it died on me". I guess that doesn't exist.
also saw something called a clix....apparently really good player but has no customer support! What kind of electronics company doesn't have customer support these days???
Weird.
My hubby hasn't had problems with his. And my sister just bought one like his from Overstock.com. We just saw a deal on a 2G Sansa on Newegg.com yesterday too. The one my hubby has takes AA batteries, so we use rechargables in it.
(We actually bought them for our camera.) It doesn't seem to drain the charge on the batteries really fast.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a MicroCenter near you? If so you can go in and get a 2GB referb for about $35.00. It's not going to be cute, but it will work.

If not check out local electronic shops, or you may even want to go to a pawn shop to see what they have.

Edit: I just saw that you wanted a 4GB. Sorry about that.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I love it!
So, easy to use and you just plug into the computer USB to charge. Couldn't be easier and the battery lasts me a few weeks!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH & I both have different Sansa's. I've had mine for several years and it does just fine though it's a bit outdate now. His is a newer video one and it hasn't quit on him either.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

So, easy to use and you just plug into the computer USB to charge. Couldn't be easier and the battery lasts me a few weeks!
yeh, heard these are good! i'd still rather stick with the Ipod! i hate having to charge through USB though, i bought a plug for mine! the battery last's a good while aswel

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Zune. I like it pretty well, even though I think next time I buy one I'll get an IPod Touch, just cause I want to touch it...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That's what I have too, and I also love it

I've never used the radio on it though, so I don't know how well it works.