TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › MP3 player recommendations?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MP3 player recommendations?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hey all!
I'm currently in the market for a MP3 player and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations.

What I want:
-Not huge in size
-4Gb of storage
-accessible volume control
-RELIABLE
-FM stereo (preferably with FM recorder)

I'd go IPod but they only have podcasts, and the radio show I most want to listen to doesn't have one.

Thoughts?
post #2 of 12
My husband has a sandisk sansa. He's had it for a year or 2 and likes it pretty well.
post #3 of 12
I have a creative zen v plus and I love it. It is about $90 for a 4gb one. Here is a website about it. http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=15306
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
funny, I was looking at each of those! I wish I could find a player where half the reviews weren't "I had it one month and then it died on me". I guess that doesn't exist.
also saw something called a clix....apparently really good player but has no customer support! What kind of electronics company doesn't have customer support these days???
Weird.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylorna View Post
funny, I was looking at each of those! I wish I could find a player where half the reviews weren't "I had it one month and then it died on me". I guess that doesn't exist.
also saw something called a clix....apparently really good player but has no customer support! What kind of electronics company doesn't have customer support these days???
Weird.
My hubby hasn't had problems with his. And my sister just bought one like his from Overstock.com. We just saw a deal on a 2G Sansa on Newegg.com yesterday too. The one my hubby has takes AA batteries, so we use rechargables in it. (We actually bought them for our camera.) It doesn't seem to drain the charge on the batteries really fast.
post #6 of 12
Do you have a MicroCenter near you? If so you can go in and get a 2GB referb for about $35.00. It's not going to be cute, but it will work.

If not check out local electronic shops, or you may even want to go to a pawn shop to see what they have.

Edit: I just saw that you wanted a 4GB. Sorry about that.
post #7 of 12
I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I love it! So, easy to use and you just plug into the computer USB to charge. Couldn't be easier and the battery lasts me a few weeks!
post #8 of 12
DH & I both have different Sansa's. I've had mine for several years and it does just fine though it's a bit outdate now. His is a newer video one and it hasn't quit on him either.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I love it! So, easy to use and you just plug into the computer USB to charge. Couldn't be easier and the battery lasts me a few weeks!
yeh, heard these are good! i'd still rather stick with the Ipod! i hate having to charge through USB though, i bought a plug for mine! the battery last's a good while aswel
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover19 View Post
I have a creative zen v plus and I love it. It is about $90 for a 4gb one. Here is a website about it. http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=15306
i read good comment's about this aswel somewhere
post #11 of 12
I have a Zune. I like it pretty well, even though I think next time I buy one I'll get an IPod Touch, just cause I want to touch it...
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I love it! So, easy to use and you just plug into the computer USB to charge. Couldn't be easier and the battery lasts me a few weeks!
That's what I have too, and I also love it

I've never used the radio on it though, so I don't know how well it works.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › MP3 player recommendations?