Litter Box Feng Shui

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought this was funny---after I clean, fill or scoop Pan's litterbox, he goes in and "rearranges" things the way he likes them. He shoves all the litter to the back end of the box, so the front end is completely bare, down to the plastic, and there is a huge mound of litter on the back end. What a dork! He probably spends an hour a day on his "project"
(I scoop twice a day, and clean once a week).

Anyone else's cats do this or something similar?

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trinity is sort of like that. She has to use the litterbox IMMEDIATELY after I scoop it out. . . . She has to be the first to use the newly cleaned box of course!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often do find the litter in big tall heaps, but that's because mine are fastidious about covering up! I often tease Tiny about trying to reach China.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoPrincess

Trinity is sort of like that. She has to use the litterbox IMMEDIATELY after I scoop it out. . . . She has to be the first to use the newly cleaned box of course!
that is shinobi! he will sit and watch as i clean the box and as soon as i put it back, bingo!

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammie has her little quirk too. As soon as I remove the hood and get ready to scoop, she jumps in there. I, of course, being the good kitty Mommy that I am, leave the room to give her privacy.

It's kind of like she is thinking: "I want totally clean litter, so let me do my business now before she cleans it out."

Silly girl.