I'm going to shoot my car... (rant to get it off my chest!)

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might be long so feel free to not read / skim/ whatever! I just need to blow off some steam.

So my car is a 1995(1/2) Nissan Sentra. Well the car has been fine up until the past few months. I got the car for Christmas after I turned 16 and it had 65000 miles on it, now it has 101000ish. For the most part I like the car, it gets pretty good gas mileage and gets me from point a to point b.
Well the all the sudden random stuff started happening. The car can NOT keep all 4 hubcaps... I dont know why but it keeps rejecting them! Not a big deal.. but looks kinda bad, but I'm tired of buying hubcaps!

And then the visor has decided that it doesnt get along with the car either. So I would be driving down the road and the visor would randomly fall and hit me. That resulted in lots of cursing to say the least. But anyways, I sent the boyfriend to the junk yard to see if he could find the piece to fix it. They have 5 sentras there, all 5 were missing that same piece... so apparently this is a common problem.

So then the little springy thing that tells the car what gear it is in and lets the button press that you need to press to change gears (its an auto) decided to come out of its spot and will not stay in its spot. So its hard to make it change gears and sometimes I have to use a screw driver to make it press to change gears. So it looks like I'm breaking in my car some days.

And now the newest of problems is the car alarm and auto locks are malfunctioning... it CONSTANTLY relocks itself. To let people into my car, I have to count to 3 and they have to very quickly open their doors as I press the unlock button. It was funny the first few times, then got very annoying very quickly! And I was at the gas station today and had my door open because I was going to put my card in the pump and then back in my purse and get my keys... well the wind decided to blow my door shut and locked my keys, cell, coat everything in my car. Luckily my boyfriend was with me so we ran up to the auto store to get a slim jim which of course wouldnt work so I ended up having to pay $30 to get a lock smith to come open my car, and then went to walmart to make a new spare and their machine was out of order go figure right!

So needless to say my day was filled with lots of cursing my car, and getting very very annoyed!

Oh and just so you guys know, the sheriffs department cant unlock doors for you unless there is a child locked in the car...

thanks if you listened! I just needed to get out that rant before I went out and put a free sign on my dumb car.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The problem with the locks may be a door sensor. Do the interior lights ever come on unexpectedly?

You can probably pull the fuse for the door locks and solve the problem, just lock and unlock it manually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The problem with the locks may be a door sensor. Do the interior lights ever come on unexpectedly?

You can probably pull the fuse for the door locks and solve the problem, just lock and unlock it manually.
Nope no problems with the interior lights. The gauge lights will flicker, (forgot to include that) but thats all.
I'll make Gary check the fuses and possibly pull that one...

Originally Posted by sherral46

sounds like you need a new car! it only going to get worse.
No kidding! I would love to get a new one! I am completely in love with Volkswagen Eos' they make me happy! *sigh* if only I wasnt broke!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess it could be worse and it was having major engine problems... Sending to your car!!