How Many "Da Birds" Have You Been Through?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just curious, because my cats are monsters when they catch it!!! I have claw marks all over my arm because I bought a brand new "Da Bird" feather and Enzo wouldn't let go of it!!!!

I have never heard him growl about a toy, but when he was "Da Bird" you better watch out!!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I know we finished a 12 pack. Lucky, Molly & Benson were pretty gentle with them. Cello & Spunky tore them apart.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just ordered our second Da Bird. The first one lasted a couple of months, until I sat on it and broke the wand in half. Obviously Meowmy's fault, as opposed to natural wear and tear.

The new one will arrive this week, along with the three-pack of attachment toys.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on my third - my first is actually still intact, I just left it at my parents' house so I wouldn't have to remember to bring it when I went home.

The second met its sad end when Chay jumped up on top of the piano, got onto the shelf about a foot and a half above it, and brought Da Bird down to "play" with while Meowmy was at school.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought two Da Birds on eBay - the one-piece wands - and about 20 refills all at once.

I got a great price, and we are so far on our 2nd refill attachment.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. They aren't sold in Canada that I can find, and I know they aren't sold in Winnipeg because I called all of the pet stores and no one here has heard of it.

We have fishing type toys but they are just string with a feather on it attached to a plastic stick. The one I have the string gets all twisted and wound up becuse the feathers are about 10 times too heavy for the string.

I've asked my brother to let me know the next time he drives to Grand Forks, because I'll ask if he can pick me up one. I think Abby would really like it because she loves a short feather wand that I have but it's not interactive enough for her so she only plays with it for a few minutes and then goes off all bored

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie - they have started selling them at petsmart in canada

But why not use Ebay?? I got mine for 20 dollars on Ebay including 5 attachments

At Petsmart they are 12 for the wand and 8/refill so you can get some pretty good deals on ebay

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 since Chloe entered the picture in November.

It's about time for a 3rd.

It's the only toy I have to hide.

They are so over-priced. I am going to start buying them on ebay.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, thank you!

Being somewhat of a new kitty momma, I didn't know about da bird, but have just ordered one.

Now I cannot wait for it to arrive!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're onto our second. Our first was destroyed when a guest left the bathroom door where it was stored open. They had SO much fun playing with it overnight

They like to catch the feathers in their mouth, so I try to limit how long they're allowed to chew on it for!

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Onto the second one and already it's in need of a replacement.
Lucy Belle chews the feathers off with vengeance!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

Natalie - they have started selling them at petsmart in canada

But why not use Ebay?? I got mine for 20 dollars on Ebay including 5 attachments

At Petsmart they are 12 for the wand and 8/refill so you can get some pretty good deals on ebay
Winnipeg doesn't have a Petsmart. And I can't order from the one in Manitoba because I don't have a credit card anymore. And I won't use eBay. I've heard too many bad experiences about eBay. I'd rather buy from a reputable store where I know what I'm going to get and more importantly that I'm going to get it.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Winnipeg doesn't have a Petsmart. And I can't order from the one in Manitoba because I don't have a credit card anymore. And I won't use eBay. I've heard too many bad experiences about eBay. I'd rather buy from a reputable store where I know what I'm going to get and more importantly that I'm going to get it.
oohhh that's too bad about petsmart, can't throw a stone without hitting one in ontarioh. I understand about E-Bay, but I've had pretty good luck, I only buy from buyers with >99% reviews though so maybe that's why.

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I have a Flutter toy and my Nacho gets through them quickly.He bites the feathers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

How high can you count?

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Well I know we finished a 12 pack. Lucky, Molly & Benson were pretty gentle with them. Cello & Spunky tore them apart.
12!!!!

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I bought two Da Birds on eBay - the one-piece wands - and about 20 refills all at once.

I got a great price, and we are so far on our 2nd refill attachment.
You'll have to let us know how long those 20 refills last!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Do you have a friend in the states that can order one for you?
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

12!!!!
Yes Cello & Spunky love to eat the feathers. LOL

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More than 5 since December
10 new refills arrived on Monday
from ebay as it's not sold here

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly couldn't tell you. I probably buy a new one at least once a month. The boys are rough on those things. It is one of the only toys not allowed to be left out in the open.