I don't know if any of you have followed this on youtube...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
but there's a young vet or vet assistant in Asia who has been posting the story of one of the cats they've worked with.

The latest is showing the cat in its new wheelchair!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had not see Alera's story before....
It filled my heart with joy.

There are some wonderful humans in the world.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you look back at some of the earlier videos? He has really invested a lot of time and money in this kitty.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Did you look back at some of the earlier videos? He has really invested a lot of time and money in this kitty.
I intend to watch all of the from the beginning.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went back and watched the video from when he first found Alera and he sure has come a long ways. Not many people would want to take in a cat in his condition but I'm so glad that he did.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I first saw some of this guy's videos a few months ago. He is absolutely incredible. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty! The wheelchair, the diapers, rescuing the strays....He certainly has my complete admiration and respect. He's up to 120 videos now and what he does for these animals, as captured in those videos, is simply remarkable. I assume that he's not a member of TCS but if he were I'd give him lots of
for his dedication and for continued success.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wildflower79

I went back and watched the video from when he first found Alera and he sure has come a long ways. Not many people would want to take in a cat in his condition but I'm so glad that he did.
I went back and watched it, too. What a difference he's made to Alera! Here's Alera when found:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... Alera's sooo cute! And looks like she's found a human to call her own, too.

There was a kitty very much like her at 10th Life; she was one of the shelter mascots, and couldn't move her back legs. She generally got somebody to put her on her favorite chair, where she'd beg pets from passers-by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is another cat on youtube with a similar problem. Do a search on "disabled cat" and I think you'll find it. The lady has posted videos over a period of about 10 months.

There are a number of videos of cats with various disabilities. There's one of a cat with cerebellar hyperplasia (or is it hypoplasia?). Anyway, the owner clearly loves it, and the cat is plainly happy.

Here is another sweet one: Red the Kanga Cat. The owner says it lost both front legs in an accident, but he's clearly doing well.

By the by, there is a really excellent book about a cat without front legs. One of the best books I read in high school. The title is "Uncle Whiskers."