Do your cats hug?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peep wraps his paws around your neck whenever you pick him up (after clawlessly tapping your face a few times first
). When the cats come running up to me I'll admit to picking him up first because I adore getting kitty hugs.

Anyway, I was wondering, do your cats give you hugs or is this something that's not really all that common? I've only been hugged by two cats and both of them were male red/brown tabbies...but then I've heard that they're more affectionate, so perhaps that's it.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Harry hugs me all the time; he lies on my chest and wraps his paws around my neck.

The only problem is, sometimes he starts digging his claws into my neck which is not nice!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Peep wraps his paws around your neck whenever you pick him up (after clawlessly tapping your face a few times first
). When the cats come running up to me I'll admit to picking him up first because I adore getting kitty hugs.

Anyway, I was wondering, do your cats give you hugs or is this something that's not really all that common? I've only been hugged by two cats and both of them were male red/brown tabbies...but then I've heard that they're more affectionate, so perhaps that's it.
My two hug each other. When I woke up this morning, Alley had her face buried in my neck. Do either of these count?

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger will give me a hug when I pick him up and Angel will hug me from behind on my chair's backrest when I start singing!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harvey
used to give me hugs. He'd come stand on the bed or the table...whatever was in front of me...and put his paws on my shoulders and rub his head on my chest.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammie doesn't hug, but frequently when I pick her up she gently puts her left (always the left) paw on my cheek and just stares at me.

I take it as an act of love!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
milo will lay across my shoulders, put both paws round my neck and then dribble like mad! i end up with very wet hair!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not really

Chloe wraps her arms around your arm if you hold her though, so I think that counts as a hug!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty hugs are one of the most precious things, I'm sure you all can relate! Every time Peep hugs me I have to go show someone. ("Oh, cute," is the standard answer. Can you tell my family isn't that cat-oriented?
)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a cat in college that would hug... I loved it.

my kitties now only hug each other
They do snuggle and cuddle with me in bed though and will occasionally groom me too

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe I've ever been hugged by a cat from the front, but Athena is a shoulder cat. And, as a shoulder cat, she'll jump on my back and press her face and front paws against my neck/shoulder while pressing her body around my head. It certainly feels like a hug, although when balance becomes an issue I wish she didn't do it (or that I bothered to trim her claws).