Wouldn't you know it?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've had temps at 80 or above for several days in the last couple of weeks, although we've had some really cool days, also. The Bradford pears on our street are blooming, the daffodils are out, and Dottie had some roses and an iris bloom.

So...this morning, there's snow on the ground! Not a lot, and it won't last till noon, but it puts this article in a new light!

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature...ticle10866.htm

We have always had changeable weather here, though. If we have a north wind, we get used Nebraska weather, and if we have a south wind, we get used Houston weather!

The old saying: "In the winter, there's nothing between here and the North Pole but a barbed wire fence, and it's down. In the summer, there's nothing between here and Hell but a screen door, and it's open!"

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling about wierd weather we had freezing rain here yesterday morning then today it's above 0 and melting and now today they are calling for 20 cm of snow.... I'me getting confused by all the wierdness.
It would be so nice to see some leaves and flowers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm originally from Denver, and my family is from Michigan, so I know cold weather. If I ever move any direction, it's likely to be farther south, and if I could figure out how to make a living there, I'd already be in Honolulu!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an amazingly warm weekend, and yesterday got up to 71 degrees and was sunny and just beautiful. It was 40 degrees and rainy when I woke up this morning and they said the temps are supposed to fall all day and back to 30s and snow for the rest of the week.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're having unusually warm weather here too but it's nice, about in the high 60s, low 70s... ish.
There was a nice breeze yesterday but a huuuge gust of wind blew out my screen in one of my windows, frame and all! At least I caught it... while being 4 floors up!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I know the feeling about wierd weather we had freezing rain here yesterday morning then today it's above 0 and melting and now today they are calling for 20 cm of snow.... I'me getting confused by all the wierdness.
It would be so nice to see some leaves and flowers
Its pretty well the same here
I am about ready to move to Florida.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Join the club! We've had a very mild winter, and the daffodils, crocuses and forsythia are blooming. A "minor" hurricane hit here (Germany) Saturday, and ruined everything! Earlier this evening, it started snowing in earnest, and a little after five we had thunder and some pretty spectacular lightning. I can't recall ever experiencing thunder and lightning during snowfall in the U.S., but it happens here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I've seen thunder and lightning (well, OK, I've seen lightning and heard thunder) during snow storms. Not common, but not unheard of.

But, keep in mind I've traveled on a daily basis all over the country for much of the last 20 years.