Adopting Dr. McDreamy!

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, so his name is Digger, and we're thinking of calling him Dr. DeLorian McDreamy (Dr. D) for short. He is a cat in rescue, and he looks like he may have great potential to become a therapy cat (we have therapy dogs here, and we've had a request for a therapy cat).

Our Milo is wonderful, but he doesn't like to travel in the car and he still has kitten wiggliness in him. Great for fun at home....but not great when he needs to sit in the lap of someone in a bed or wheelchair for a bit.

This guy just wants to be hugged. We are in the final phases of adoption, and are excited to finally be able to talk to the interviewer soon to ask questions. Hoping he is okay with dogs, as we have 4 small, cat-friendly dogs.

Milo loves the company of other cats, so I think Milo will have a very short adjustment period.

Anyhow, here he is! Introducing, Dr. McDreamy! We haven't met him in person yet. Hopefully, this weekend, with any luck!

meownstuff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm betting he'll be a purrrrfect therapy kitty. He looks so lovable. Good luck!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want a hug! That is so precious... and in the last pic he looks so happy to be hugged with is little eyes closed and a smile on his face. Awww....

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Looks like a bluepoint Siamese. Only once in my life have I been hugged by a cat... one of our rescues. He found a good home. I always thought that he would have made a good therapy cat. And I am envious, b/c that is something I would like to do.

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a handsome boy. And I love cats that hug!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is so beautiful...the name fits perfectly! I really hope he ends up working out because he looks like a perfect fit to be a therapy cat.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he's a cutie!!
He sure does look like he loves giving and getting hugs!
The look on his face in the first and last picture are complete nirvana!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

He's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Looks like a bluepoint Siamese. Only once in my life have I been hugged by a cat... one of our rescues. He found a good home. I always thought that he would have made a good therapy cat. And I am envious, b/c that is something I would like to do.
My childhood cat hugged me... but only when I was about to put him in the tub!
Frankie does if she's in the mood which isn't very often at all.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful! He seems like he'll be the perfect therapy kitty. And his name suits him so well! What a handsome guy!!!!!!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to come back and look at him again...there's something so serene in those beautiful eyes
Just beautiful.

Bella & Stan both hug me, but never for very long...