Protest at Nutro plant in CA

pamalajane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The citizens are protesting the stench coming from the plant.
One can only guess what could cause a smell so bad it has caused the community to come out and protest.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is disgusting and very scary....
Thanks for posting this info.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, that's odd, because as I mentioned before, I've been to a number of pet food plants, and they all smelled very good. I wonder if this is actually a rendering plant?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You know, that's odd, because as I mentioned before, I've been to a number of pet food plants, and they all smelled very good. I wonder if this is actually a rendering plant?
That would be my guess. Rendering plants will NEVER smell good, no matter what anyone does to help.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, we lived near one (well, within four or five miles) in Arkansas, and when the wind came from the south, we could definitely smell it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to live near a pig plant and a big name pet food plant the pigs smelled better

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO lived by a Purina plant a few years ago and it was AWFUL. I mean really disgusting, and he wasn't even that close to it. It wasn't an everyday stench, but the days it was there were hard to ignore.

I don't think any rendering plant is going to smell like roses.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they make wet there? The Mars plant near town only makes dry foods, and has a rather grainy smell to it - sort of a cross between corn, wheat, and oatmeal smell.

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'd like the smell of cat food wafting around my neighborhood. I don't much like it when it's just in my kitchen...