My Kitty is Psycho!

stellarkix09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello.

I have a 7 month old orange tabby, and he's driving me nuts. For the past 3 hours he has done nothing but run around like crazy! Running up and down the stairs, jumping from couch to couch... he is non stop! He's not fixed yet, and we have an apt later this month to do so, but what's his problem?
He'll meow, and yowl... I'm about to pull my hair out!
It's making my dogs chase him...

Is he starting to go into heat?
I know it's not seizure activity, because I just put my kitty down that had seizures, but he somewhat did the same thing.. running around like crazy.. only he was scaling walls, and running into them. This little bugger isn't!

Any help or suggestions?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's playing. i have 2 kittens aged 9 months and 13 months and they spend a lot of time behaving exactly as you describe.

he's not a pyscho he's just running off some of that kitten energy!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree; he's at that age. Harry is 11 months, neutered and still full of energy. Some of his behaviour may be due to not being neutered yet but they have bundles of energy at that age.

A good thing to do is throw his favourite toy up and down the stairs for him and do your best to wear him out. That's what I do with Harry when he's going nuts. A laser beam is effective as well as it means you don't have to run around yourself!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catnip

A good thing to do is throw his favourite toy up and down the stairs for him and do your best to wear him out. That's what I do with Harry when he's going nuts.
oh that is just like my house! milo has this piece of air pipe from the fish tank, only about 5 inches long with a knot tied in the middle, that i throw up the stairs, he brings it back to me, i throw it up the stairs, he brings it back to me...and on and on! if i dare to stop and go and sit on the sofa, he will bring it to the doorway, drop it at his paws and then stare reproachfully at me! that kitten has me well and truly where he wants me!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry's like that. He's especially active after he's eaten in the morning. He's bouncing off walls, jumping on Lena (she's so patient and mellow - completely opposite from Larry), attacking shoes, leaping at least two feet in the air.

He wears himself out, then sleeps the rest of the day.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normal. What sized dogs do you have? I wouldn't let them chase your kitten at all. You say he is making them chase him, make sure you make the dogs NOT chase him.
Maybe your kitty likes the laser pointer? That might help him run off some steam.

johnnyfee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat is a year and half at least and she sometimes does that at night lol she can jump at least 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet

she is just being a kitty

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, "he" is not going into heat.

But if the weather is changing, it may be the spring crazies. If not, it's still the winter crazies.