He Chews

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ramman, our youngest, has had quite the playful personality. He wakes me up all the time at night wanting to play and if I don't play with him, then he lays on my face. Now we are not talking about gently laying half his body on me. We are talking actually draping his body across my entire face. And if he's not doing that, then he is laying lengthwise along my chest and stomach with his head laying on my cheek. Sometimes its cute, sometimes not.

Well his playfulness is cute and all but also quite painful. People often ask if I've stuck my hand in a bowl of razor blades because my hands are now covered in scratches, bites and scars. And that was only playtime. Now he has a new hobby. Chewing.....on my thumb. Maybe my thumb smelled and tasted of Cheeto puffs but he selectively singled out my thumb and began chewing on it like a dog with a chew bone. I don't mind that much but at times it can be painful.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

I don't mind that much but at times it can be painful.
Actually you should mind. If you do not want a full grown Ramman chewing your hands in the future it is time to let him know now when he is a kitten. And you must be consistent. Discipline him like a mom cat would. Make eye contact, hiss, say NO firmly, ignore him. Do these things every time Ramman begins his chewing/biting act. He'll get the message after a few times.
By the way, if he is teething, you should get him the proper toys to exercise his gums.