Voting tomorrow... can I have some vibes?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohio's primary is tomorrow, and it's going to be a total mess at our polling station. In the last general election (almost four years ago) I waited in line for over an hour to vote. In the interim election I waited 45 minutes. So this time I decided to do a late arrival at work so I can go stand in line at 9am. I'm half tempted to bribe the poll workers with a cake, but I think that's slightly illegal... some sort of Federal statute saying that I may go to prison or some such nonsense.

I just need vibes I'll make it to work on time!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck!!!!

For the California ones, I went with my neighbour so she could vote, and we ended up having to go to 3 different polling places because they were so disorganised, and we were about the only ones there each time! Fingers crossed it's just as quiet for you tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Good luck!!!!

For the California ones, I went with my neighbour so she could vote, and we ended up having to go to 3 different polling places because they were so disorganised, and we were about the only ones there each time! Fingers crossed it's just as quiet for you tomorrow.
Thanks sweetie...

I'm taking a book and some coffee. I hope I won't need it.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yikes. Our primary was a couple weeks ago and I walked right in, voted, and was out in two minutes. Either we have a pathetic turnout or I lucked out and went at the right time.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

Yikes. Our primary was a couple weeks ago and I walked right in, voted, and was out in two minutes. Either we have a pathetic turnout or I lucked out and went at the right time.
I live in a battle ground state, so it's a bit rough here. Everyone votes. Everyone.

The cool part is that one of my neighbors just turned 18, so she's voting for the very first time. She's so excited. It's refreshing to see it.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Ohio's primary is tomorrow, and it's going to be a total mess at our polling station. In the last general election (almost four years ago) I waited in line for over an hour to vote. In the interim election I waited 45 minutes. So this time I decided to do a late arrival at work so I can go stand in line at 9am. I'm half tempted to bribe the poll workers with a cake, but I think that's slightly illegal... some sort of Federal statute saying that I may go to prison or some such nonsense.

I just need vibes I'll make it to work on time!
Ours will also be a total mess tomorrow for Texas! I have always voted early before, but wanted to see what it is like to vote on actual day. We of course have our caucus right after the polls close so I will be attending that also. Good luck to you! I am going straight after work.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only if you vote correctly

Ok, here's for the ability to get up super early and be the first in line

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea who I want to vote for tomorrow, or if I even want to vote. I don't like any of the candidates....at all.

I'll write in John P. "Jack" Ryan instead....

j/k

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I have no idea who I want to vote for tomorrow, or if I even want to vote. I don't like any of the candidates....at all.

I'll write in John P. "Jack" Ryan instead....

j/k
]

how about you write in my name,
and i will write in your name

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

]

how about you write in my name,
and i will write in your name
That will work. Remember, my name is spelled C-A-E-S-A-R. Be sure to salute when you do that.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a precinct voting in our school building.
It been done for 15 years, same spot.
On Friday morning, the Republician precinct monitor came over to inspect the location (same woman as always, same location). She positioned her voting cases/booths, tables and chairs. Demanded a few extra things, too.
Monday morning, the Democratic precinct monitor came by for the same reason. She complained about what the Rep. monitor had done, the fact that there are more Republician cases/booths (uhhh, we didn't supply them, the county did based on the number of registered voters in our precinct). She made her demands and then compained about the small space for the caucus (same as always).
Our school district has a new security system for visitors entering the building (in response to a new state law, it immediately does a background check to see if you are a sex offender) and the polling staff has to abide by the regulations. The second person was miffed, like it was done just to inconvenience them.

Personally, I want a video of what goes on tomorrow morning. It should be interesting to say the least.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

We have a precinct voting in our school building.
It been done for 15 years, same spot.
On Friday morning, the Republician precinct monitor came over to inspect the location (same woman as always, same location). She positioned her voting cases/booths, tables and chairs. Demanded a few extra things, too.
Monday morning, the Democratic precinct monitor came by for the same reason. She complained about what the Rep. monitor had done, the fact that there are more Republician cases/booths (uhhh, we didn't supply them, the county did based on the number of registered voters in our precinct). She made her demands and then compained about the small space for the caucus (same as always).
Our school district has a new security system for visitors entering the building (in response to a new state law, it immediately does a background check to see if you are a sex offender) and the polling staff has to abide by the regulations. The second person was miffed, like it was done just to inconvenience them.

Personally, I want a video of what goes on tomorrow morning. It should be interesting to say the least.
This kind of silly stuff is what has got so many people disgusted with both parties and all the candidates. I live in Ohio and this is the first time I have voted at this polling place, I moved since the last time, so I don't know what it will be like. I work odd hours so I can vote at downtimes and I haven't had any problems in the past. There aren't very many stay at home moms anymore so it's just other people who also work odd hours or have weekdays off.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here in Texas we can vote early, but that can really mess up the results if anything exciting happens in the last few days of voting. Add in that once you vote, you're supposed to sign in at the caucus the evening of the primary, and if you vote early the location will likely be different, and it really gets crazy.

However, as a former history teacher, I have to say that history shows that our democracy is healthiest when the party in charge frequently changes, since that reminds them that they aren't royalty, and neither party has a pipeline to truth and wisdom; they both have good and bad ideas, and the good ideas need a chance to be tried, while the bad ideas need a chance to be voted out.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hope you make it seemlessly

Strange that you wait so long..I usually go and I am in and out
It's simply my location in the USA. The county I live in is one of the most politically active in the country. I joke that politics is the second passion of Cleveland, Ohio right behind Football.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

There was NO wait!

Thanks for the vibes everyone.
I didn't have to wait at all either. It's nice being off when election days roll around.

I appreciate you casting your vote for me.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I didn't have to wait at all either. It's nice being off when election days roll around.

I appreciate you casting your vote for me.
I think I misspelled Caesar though.