Where Do You Buy Your Bed Sheets?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheets are crazy expensive here in the stores so I went online to buy some for our daughter's room. She wants orange sheets in a pattern, not a solid color. I was going to buy these for her, in papaya (striped):

http://www.thecompanystore.com/paren...ts/3002/E1D3X/

The subtotal is $50 CDN, but with shipping, duty, and tax the total is $89! That's for a fitted sheet only and three pillow cases!

Anybody know where I can buy some cute sheets for a decent price, either a Canadian store or online?

Thanks in advance!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very expensive. The last set we found at Target. They were on clearance. Fitted & flat were 14$ a piece and we got two different sizes. No more fighting over the top sheet. The pillow cases were about 15$.

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like Kohls and Macys. at macys they are a bit priceier but they have a nice selection

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Do you have an IKEA near you?

I just buy mine from Walmart
It's about two hours away. They are really inexpensive though, so I stock up when I'm there. For my bed it's about $30 a set, so I buy like three sets when I'm there and swap them out all the time.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got our last sets from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I love nice sheets - we splurged on high thread count cotton sheets last time (either 800 or 1000, I can't remember), and they are SUCH nice sheets. So soft, and cozy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WalMart. We don't go for "brand names" on things. Doesn't matter to me if its 200 thread count or 1000 thread count. I don't know what it means anyway

As long as the sheet fits the mattress and its a color you like - who really cares where you got it. We've gotten several sheet sets from yard sales or storage lockers. If they are in good shape, just wash them with hot water, a little bleach and they are fine - otherwise they would go in the trash (from the lockers)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are from Zellers. They are made out of material like a t-shirt and it is sooo comfortable to lay on. They were about $40 for queen size.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch the sheets (fitted) at IKEA - they are NOT for American beds - it only fits the Europeon measurements. It would be too small or too big. If Canada is using the metric system like Europe, then IKEA sheet sets should work.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our newest set is from Target. I bought them at the day after Thanksgiving sale. 500 tc, egyptian cotton I think. We buy the really high end ones, and they last 3-4 years.
Our last set was 400/500 tc from Kohls. One set was a gift that I think was purchased at Sears. And before that, I had a 400 tc set from Shopko. The ones I bought were $30-$40. I watch for sales on sets.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i've used the jersey knit sheets for a long time, but w/my new bed [different size] i needed new ones. i got these from Domestications, in bluebell- i love them! so soft!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid you won't get any "decent" sheets in Canada for a good price. Since I spend about 1/3 of my life in bed, I want good sheets so I buy very high thread count sheets and prefer Egyptian cotton. I lucked out a couple years ago and found some 600 count Egyptian cotton "seconds", i.e., there was a slight flaw in one small area. They are wonderful and feel so good. I haven't had much luck with cheap sheets, they end up pilling or are very hot (not 100% cotton) in the summer.

We bought a sheet set, two sets of pillow cases and a mattress cover about 3 years ago and it was around $300 which I thought was a pretty good price.

You could always check with Sears or the Bay. Another place I've gotten sheets is at a place called Pacific Linens. I don't know if they are still around but there was a large location in Brampton a few years back. (I guess you can tell I don't buy sheets very often.)

The only way you'll get cheaper is if you go shopping in the US IMO.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We buy ours at Pamida (local small department store, not sure if anyone has ever heard of it), or at the Family Dollar.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about how good or bad sheets really are, but our sheets last for years and are not expensive at all.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some from K-mart and a set of flannel sheets at Anna's Linens... The softest sheets we have were free! My MIL had 2 sets that didn't fit their custom adjustable beds. Our gain!