Why Me?!

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
to make a long story short, my mother is moving in with her boyfriend, im not allowed to go, and at the end of the month im homeless.
so, all four kittens, and i dont want any complainning because you're not trying, and you know who you are, all four kittens need homes ASAP. i cannot keep any of them. if you dont know what kittens im talking about, search my other threads. help

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - sending mega prayers and vibes that you and the kitties get the homes that you need and DESERVE and blessings for all that you have done so far
As for some people thinking that you've not tried hard enough - remember that for some reason life is sometimes almost too easy & they don't have the life experience to understand

I, for one, know what it's like to "have the wolf at the door" and, yup, the wolf can have very big teeth

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your cats deserve a break from the hard times. I know I have had a few rough spots in my life, and sometimes it feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. They are learning experiences, but gosh why do they have to be so hard for some of us.

Sending you serious vibes from the Universe that everything will turn out good for you and your cats

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's some and
I hope that you find a way to work things out.. and that the kittens all find great homes

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I looked at your other threads, but didn't see an update on the following, not that it helps. Just curious

1.) Have you been able to save up enough money to spay or neuter any of them in the past two months? They're nearly 5 months old now, no?

2.)I was also wondering if you managed to place any through Alley Cat Allies?

IMO, it's worth the inconvenience of wading through spam on petfinder or craigslist to find homes for these kittens ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
im in columbiana county.

and no, i havent been able to save money to fix them, i just went down to my bank today to find out that someone "stole my identity" and they gave me a new checking account.

and everytime i put up a post on petfinder, all i get is spam.
and craiglist i did, but my ad didnt show up on the site.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I caught a few of your other posts recently, I don't know if you remember but we corresponded a while back when I pm'ed you low cost spay neuter options. I see that you have found homes for some of the cats, are they all accounted for now with homes? I do have room for one and possibly two coming up this weekend, if we can work something out with transport for them, as I am a ways away from you.

Let me know

Jessica

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is crazy, I would be fuming if that was me. Do you have any other family that may be able to help you out, like to watch the cats until you can find them a home or yourself a place?

As old as you are, sometimes family will pay you if you do chores for them.

If someone makes an offer though to you, you should take it seriously.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kristi812

if you dont know what kittens im talking about, search my other threads. help
If you can, try and keep your other threads which relate to the same story together, that way it's easier for people to look through one thread instead of searching through several

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kelicat

I caught a few of your other posts recently, I don't know if you remember but we corresponded a while back when I pm'ed you low cost spay neuter options. I see that you have found homes for some of the cats, are they all accounted for now with homes? I do have room for one and possibly two coming up this weekend, if we can work something out with transport for them, as I am a ways away from you.

Let me know

Jessica
where at in ohio are you? i have sunday off work, possibly saturday.

Originally Posted by keith p

That is crazy, I would be fuming if that was me. Do you have any other family that may be able to help you out, like to watch the cats until you can find them a home or yourself a place?

As old as you are, sometimes family will pay you if you do chores for them.

If someone makes an offer though to you, you should take it seriously.
no family, no friends.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If you can, try and keep your other threads which relate to the same story together, that way it's easier for people to look through one thread instead of searching through several
sorry, didnt think it was the same topic to put in the same thread

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kristi,

I'm in Lake county, about 20 minutes southeast of Cleveland. You are just southwest of Boardman right? I can be available Sunday to head out that way. How many cats do you still have that you are trying to place?

I remember when you PM'ed me originally, I had 4 fosters in at the time and was unable to take any, now I'm down to one, that I do have a tentative adoptor lined up for.

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have the four kittens left. the mom cat just left today, finally.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kristi812

i have the four kittens left. the mom cat just left today, finally.
Okay, I pmed you. I had asked about mom too, but obviously you just answered that. Did your friend take Momma back? Paws crossed that Momma cat gets spayed :-)

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yea, my friend took mom cat. i highly doubt she's going to get spayed, let alone be in an inside cat. or that she would even take her back to her dads. i have no clue whats going to happen to her and she told me she wouldnt tell me. which still makes me feel like ive done all this for nothing

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, my friend took mom cat. i highly doubt she's going to get spayed, let alone be in an inside cat. or that she would even take her back to her dads. i have no clue whats going to happen to her and she told me she wouldnt tell me. which still makes me feel like ive done all this for nothing

#1 I thought you said you had no friends???
#2, She said she wont tell you what she is going to do, how could you let her take the cat then? That was a very bad move on your part.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

#1 I thought you said you had no friends???
#2, She said she wont tell you what she is going to do, how could you let her take the cat then? That was a very bad move on your part.
# 1. I think she means that she has no friends or family who WOULD HELP OUT - big, big difference

#2 - She is in a corner with no way out. "He who is not part of the solution is part of the problem" - any general will tell us that
Maybe all those critics could send a dollar or two to the local vet, and cumulatively pay for the mom cat's spaying. Rural areas are very difficult to get help for cats - dogs are difficult enough, but cats are often considered "third class" pets

soo, please join me in sending vibes that good solutions come their way very, very soon

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get what your saying, but just giving it away to someone who you know nothing about how they will care for the cat is wrong, they could kill it or torture it or neglect it and you wouldnt know.

I mean if that was me I would say no way your having my cat you have to prove to me your responsible. How can you give it away not knowing it's future or even how it will be living?

Sorry thumbs down to this, desperation and just giving it away without knowing anything about how it will be treated is wrong. And it may not even be spayed, that cat could be headed for a painful future possibly with cancer and malnourishment and more homeless cats.

If you support the possibility that may happen then I question your caring nature. If anything putting it to sleep instead of mabye having it suffer is better. Or find better adoptee's who show they actually care for the cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you support the possibility that may happen then I question your caring nature. If anything putting it to sleep instead of mabye having it suffer is better. Or find better adoptee's who show they actually care for the cat.
Believe me, I would also put an animal to sleep before seeing it suffer. I have heard a young cat die trying to give birth, plus other life experiences that have taught me what real suffering is. But, I adhere to the notion that a word of encouragement in the hour of failure is worth a thousand times more than volumes of praise over success. BTW, maybe some of your local groups could offer some solutions - after all, there are still 4 more kittens to consider and options seem to be dissipating fast! I was hoping to be of real help, but I have 7 fosters that I have to get neutered on my own, myself, and I know that personally, you and many others on here are also maxed out ; time for TCS magic to start working, SOON