Do you have a mouse problem?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 7am, and there was a pounding at my door. As I threw myself out of bed, tossed on some Hello Kitty PJ bottoms, and thought to myself, "There had better be a fire" the boys stirred in their pre-morning nap. Opening my front door I see a very large man, and he asks, "Mam, do you have a mouse problem?"

8-Bit rounds the corner meowing loudly for his breakfast. Scratch peeps out from under the couch having heard the word "mouse". Me, "No."

Him: "Oh. I see you have cats."

Me: "Yes." (He's only getting one word answers because I haven't had coffee.)

Him: "Well how is it that your neighbors have mice and you don't?"

I give him a puzzled expression. I thought the answer to his question was obvious. Having three cats = no mice. It's the reason we domesticated them in the first place.

Me: "Cats."

Him: "Oh right."

8-Bit is now climbing up my leg into my arms because he wants attention. I realize now I'm going to have to feed him before I go back to bed.

Him: "Sorry to bother you."

Me: "Right. Bye."

People amaze me. They really do.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! The last time we had a mouse problem the cats made it not a problem anymore.
Haven't had mouse problems since.

Yeah, people are pretty amazing sometimes. I consider mousing the one job my cats have besides looking cute.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow that story is really funny.. in a weird way.
lol I guess that guy doesn't have Common Since

We've only had 3 mouse problems ((well.. Mouse, STO, and Shrew)) that didnt last very long. King.. the Culprit of all three: Brought both the Mouse and STO in the house unharmed and released them.. not trying to Ketch them later
we had to Ketch and Release them.
And with the Shrew.. King totally ignored it, so we caught/kept it for a while before it eventually passed away.

lol anyway... some people are really amusing.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People are odd sometimes!

I have mice,which I am wanting out! I love domestics,but the wild mice drive me nuts...they rip into my garbage,chew things and make noise and just be a nuiscensce.I have seen a couple before as well.There is no infestation or anything,but man.

I got my kittens and for awhile there were no signs of wild mice...but just recently the mice seem to of come back.I think there are a couple.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't understand why he couldn't have asked these questions at a later time... like noon for instance.

I may have to rent out 8-Bit or Scratch to assist with the "mouse" problem. I have a feeling one of my neighbors is to blame. He owns a Boa, and feeds him mice. That could be the reason that we have an all WHITE mouse problem.

tinkrbl5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My only problem with mice is Dodger brings them home dead and leaves them in front of the door. He is such a good kitty. :-)

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have mice in our detached garage. Embarrassing, considering we have 4 cats. THe cats are not allowed out though. I have thought about putting one (Hanna - she is the only one who would not be afraid outside) in the garage but I'm too afraid she'd get hurt/poisoned by something out there.

Worse, a few days before I was going to drive halfway across the country last summer I checked my car and found out the mice had chewed my spark plug wires! Even worse, my SO feeds the mice in the garage bird food! He purposefully puts it out for them! The mice are eating our car and he's feeding them!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I would have told him "if my cats don't catch and kill them then I start hunting them and pouncing on them....they make good mouse omelets"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I thought that you were having problems with your computer mouse!

I have never had mice..bats however...
It turns out Trout just stares at the bats anyway..even when she is 5 centimetres from them

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I have a feeling one of my neighbors is to blame. He owns a Boa, and feeds him mice. That could be the reason that we have an all WHITE mouse problem.
Probably. The mouse that my cats caught years ago was definitely an escaped fancy mouse. We later found out the previous tenant in the front of that house had so many animals (just about anything you can imagine as a pet) that she trashed the place. They had to replace the flooring down to the subfloor.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only mouse problem I have is the catnip filled kind. They get dragged all around the house, and onto the bed to be played with at 6am. Then they get torn apart, and I have to sew them back together. Then they all get lost under the fridge, stove, and couch and I have to try and fetch them out while the girls look on in excitement.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister had a problem with mice in her apartment, so she was planning on getting an adult cat because she wasn't sure if a kitten would go after them or not. Well, I ended up rescuing a tiny little kitten (under 3 pounds) which we thought was pretty young, but my sister adopted her anyway. The vet told her the kitten was actually around 6 months old despite her tiny size. The thing is, the kitten didn't even have to catch the mice (I don't think she knew how) -- just her being there was enough to get rid of the mouse problem!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny!

I've been lucky to have never had mice. I did live in one older 3 story walk up building that did have mice, but I never saw any, or any sigs of any either. I did have a cat though, so maybe the little mice were too afraid to come to my place.

The hospital I work at had a mouse. It presented itself one year around December and peeped out of a box near the Christmas tree. We reported it but it must have found it's way to the 5th floor because soon they were reporting a mouse and we didn't have any more signs of it on the 6th floor. It seemed to go back and forth between the 2 floors by some means.

I never heard what happened to it though.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister's cat Bella brings home live mice for her Meowmy, and lets them loose in her kitchen to run about!

We normally receive a hysterical phone call shortly afterwards....

"COME AND GET THIS MOUSE!"

Good Bella!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The hospital I work at had a mouse. It presented itself one year around December and peeped out of a box near the Christmas tree. We reported it but it must have found it's way to the 5th floor because soon they were reporting a mouse and we didn't have any more signs of it on the 6th floor. It seemed to go back and forth between the 2 floors by some means.

I never heard what happened to it though.
I had a mouse run across my foot in a patient's room 1 time. The family brought in with them in their suitcase. Scared the crap out of me!! I kept myself from screaming, I just excused myself and laughed my butt off in the hallway. I called our maintenance dep't and they came to the floor with flashlights
. Worst part was, it wasn't even my patient!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have never had mice..bats however...
It turns out Trout just stares at the bats anyway..even when she is 5 centimetres from them
Oh, Trout.

You may not be the greatest of all Huntresses, but you are a beautiful girl.