One of My Former students Died

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of our students, Camille and Kentavia Baker, lost their mother (Melinda) over the weekend. All I know is that her fever spiked tremendously high and she went to Claxton Hospital and later passed away. From what I have been told, they are going to perform an autopsy to diagnose the cause of death. The children will not be here this week. King and Sons will have the body when it is released. The children are with Grandma right now. She lives in Long County and the family is trying to get her in one of the housing projects.

I taught Camille last tear when she was in 3rd grade. I taught Melinda when SHE was in 3rd grade. I am very close to the whole family.

Miss Jeanette, melinda's mama, is one of my favorite people.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear your sad news, Bobbi. Hopefully the girls can have a good life with Grandma at least. Awful harding losing your mom at that age I imagine....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking a day off when the funeral is held. Bad things happen, and I guess the longer I teach, the more bad things will occur.

Melinda had just gotten over having had throat cancer. I can imagine what this will do to Camille and Kentavius. Camille is 9; Kentavius is 7.

Terry, Melinda's ex-husband, had remarried. He and his wife have a baby. The grandmama lives in another county, and if Camille and Ken go to live with her, they will be changing schools. I can only imagine how hard it will be for them to lose their mama and then be pulled from the school they have akways gone to.

Thank you all for being so nice to me about this.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
for those little girls, and for you, Bobbi. It' always hard to lose a parent, but truly tragic when you're so young, and your other parent no longer lives with you. that they can cope.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bobbi, sorry to hear such sad news. I know you will take this hard as well so I'm sending plenty of hugs and healing wishes your way.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

Two of our students, Camille and Kentavia Baker, lost their mother (Melinda) over the weekend. All I know is that her fever spiked tremendously high and she went to Claxton Hospital and later passed away. From what I have been told, they are going to perform an autopsy to diagnose the cause of death. The children will not be here this week. King and Sons will have the body when it is released. The children are with Grandma right now. She lives in Long County and the family is trying to get her in one of the housing projects.

I taught Camille last tear when she was in 3rd grade. I taught Melinda when SHE was in 3rd grade. I am very close to the whole family.

Miss Jeanette, melinda's mama, is one of my favorite people.

Bobbi that is so sad! I am sorry to hear that!