New Contest! The TCS Shamrock Hunt!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the TCS Shamrock Hunt!

How to Play:

Every day there will be shamrocks randomly hidden in posts. They can be hidden anywhere in the forum to include stickies. There will be a random amount of shamrocks hidden every day. If you find a shamrock, post a link to the thread in this contest thread along with the post number it appears in. The first person to find each shamrock and post about it will receive 200 points. In addition there will be one pot o' gold hidden every day. The first person to find it and post the link in this thread will receive 500 points.

Every time you find a shamrock or pot o' gold the image will be added to your signature. At the end of the contest, the members that have found the most shamrocks and pots o' gold will receive additional points.

1st place - 25,000 points
2nd place - 10,000 points
3rd place - 5,000 points

The last day of the contest is March 17th.

Have fun and start hunting!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to be an exciting contest! Thank you for starting it

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very neat-- I like how you made this thread stand out in the list too -- that's cool.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Questions:
Are they in new posts or ones that have only 1 page and are they removed if you find one? I take it that your gifts don't count.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Questions:
Are they in new posts or ones that have only 1 page and are they removed if you find one? I take it that your gifts don't count.
They could be on the first page, but they may have slipped onto the second if no ones caught it, and yes their removed as soon as someones found it

Their totally different to the shamrocks in the gifts as well, their a little bit bigger

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

If you put them in siggies, then I think I found one, er, a collar of them on Topaz, 5th post down
No, this is the one your looking for that can be anywhere in a post

Then this one will be added to your siggy when you've found it and that way we'll know how many everyone has

If you look further up the page at Cheylinks siggy i've put hers up

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You people hid them good this year. LoL I can't tell you how many threads I have checked so far. LoL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

You people hid them good this year. LoL I can't tell you how many threads I have checked so far. LoL
You have to look carefully...they might be in posts you already read...remember we can edit them in back further. There are several out there already, and they are going to show up in many (hopefully all) forums (except crossing the bridge out of respect).

Also, to clear up any confusion, the only shamrocks that count are the ones that we placed in posts. Any shamrocks in signatures or gifts don't count. The little shamrocks that we place in signature lines mean that person found one, like the one in cheylink's sig. Good job cheylink!

Happy Hunting!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

They keep getting added during the day, so one you have already checked could have one by the end of the day.