New Cat Tree! ...........they hate it.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally bid on one of those cat trees that are always listed on Ebay. I won the bid, only one other person bid. Got the tree for 5 bucks! Of course the shipping was another story.

Anyway, the bengals don't hate it, they love it. They love anything new, it could be a cardboard box.

It's a pretty decent cat tree, I'll buy more from that seller.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial you know we are gonna have to slap you silly
Or get Teri to do it - posting threads with a little white lie.

Congrats on the cat tree and the kits look so cute on it

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I aught to order a few trees for my house from eBay.....looks like your guys love it.

Do trees hold up very well to Bengals?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!! That tree was only $5?????? I know the shipping must have been a pretty penny, but holy smokes!!! Glad the Bengals hate it

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, I've owned a similar tree (mine was smaller but the same make,) and I suggest you keep it for just kittens to play on and steer the grown kits away from it.

My Ginger caused one of those stand alone perches to break off due to repeated leaps on and off of it. It lasted just a year!

It looks great, though, and I know that they kittens willl have a blast racing up and down that thing!

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, I love it! I've been dying to get a big tree like that! I know my kids would be all over it! Let us know how it holds up to the bengal antics!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Anyway, the bengals don't hate it, they love it. They love anything new, it could be a cardboard box
My girls would PREFER a cardboard box to a cat tree...

Looks good! I'd love to get another cat tree that size, but I'd have nowhere to put it!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a long box about 18 inches square and 48 inches long that a guitar was shipped in to me. I cut a hole in each end, and a few strategic small holes along the length of it, and the cats have to go through it all the time. They'll go out of their way to just pass through it!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a different model, but same brand tree off of ebay. My winning bid was $3.25.
shipping was $70, but that's still a pretty good price for a cat tree. Sabina's been leaping on and off of it for over a year, and it's held up!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool cat tree! It does look like they love it...
i've looked on ebay...
but its cheaper just to pick up something at a store here...
the shipping is what kills you.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a cool cat tree!
Love how there are 3 of the cats on there!!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I figured that they didn't hate it -- That's a really nice one

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heh...I chose to skip the Ebay route and just order mine through a tree seller and get free shipping. I spent...well, the same amount of money as if I'd bid on eBay

But they are good trees. Amarkat, right? Mine is really similar, but no ropes and the cats already made off with the dangling toys it came with
So it looks more like this now.

They don't play on it much, but they love napping on it.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How very cool... it looks really tall too!

Ok, would you mind sharing the seller info? I'm thinking of getting one with my tax return. Also, how hard was it to assemble and does it seem sturdy?

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forget which seller I got mine through - I just googled on "Amarkat" since that was the brand I was finding on eBay, and looked for a website that had a good price/shipping combo.

As for assembly, well, the box was quite heavy. Assembling wasn't too difficult, it came with the tools I needed. I had a friend help, but I probably could have pulled it off on my own. If you can assemble a fake Christmas tree, you can assemble one of these.