A venting thread!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to vent, and thought here would be a wonderful place to do so!! In high school I weighed 130lbs and loved myself I felt very comfortable with myself my weight and was confidant! When I was 15 I started gaining weight and not being able to control it, as well as never having a period. We went to the doctor she told me to stop eating so much and work out. I explained to her my work out routine, I played varsity soccer which consisted of a 30 minute workout that involved various stretches a weight ball and after that we ran between 2-4 miles per practice depending on the coachâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mood, I was vegetarian then ate no fast food, did not drink soft drinks. My only drinks were Water and EnerGreens( a really awesome vegetarian drink that was discontinued) They sent of several tests including a thyroid test all came back negative, The dr suggested keeping a journal of all my daily activities and meals for one month by the end of the month I was up to 140, still eating healthy a normal day was a tofu omelet with mushrooms onions green and red peppers. for breakfast an apple for midmorning snack, lunch was a salad with some sort of vinaigrette dressing and usually an organic cup of yogurt dinner varied sometimes Id have vegetarian lasagna or spaghetti with each meal I had energreens to drink the rest of the day I drunk water. I ran every day 2 miles whether soccer season was in or not and also went to the gym to work-out for an hour. I took my journal back to the dr at the end of the month she couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t find anything in there that would cause me to gain weight so she asked if I was lying about what I wrote. They ran more blood tests all came back negative in 6 months I was up to 180 lbs still no reason for gaining that they could find. A year later they ran many many more blood test this time the results werenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t so Good I had hypothyroidism, they also checked for PCOS (different dr) which was also positive. Now I am up to 270 and I hate myself, I no longer feel attractive, I hate going out in public I feel so self conscious, I am extremely picky with what I wear and will often change clothes several times before deciding on something I think I can live with being seen in. I want to be what I once was; I want to have confidence again. I have reached a point in my life where if I was offered a chance to live 5 years model thin and die at the end of 5 years I would ask where I should sign to accept the deal. I still watch what I eat, no fast food, I use olive oil to cook with. I do eat chicken and fish and some wild game now(such as quail), though I would like to go back to being vegetarian again...Here are is what I looked like before my weight gain, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m sorry its a bit small and what I look like now
Before

me at 14

me at 16

sorry they are so blurry, I took a picture of my picture with my digital camera.
I have more then this, I need to get a scanner to give you guys a better idea.
Now

I just donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t feel like myself, I am on meds now to control the hypothyroidism, and though it helps me maintain it doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t help me lose

Sorry this is so long, I just needed to vent!

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I completely understand... In highschool I weigh 120 - now I weigh 220. I can't loose it. No matter what I eat, how much I excersize... it won't go away. I blame my anti-depressents.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blame it on the anti depressants too!!!
I have been on Lexapro since my dad passed away and my weight has gone up significantly!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I correct in reading you have PCOS? If I remember correctly I was watching a show with a woman that was also PCOS and that alone caused her to gain a lot of weight. And because I can not remember exactly what she took that helped her to lose the weight. So here is a site that deal with weight gain and PCOS. http://dreamababy.com/pcos-insulin.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone I added a few more pictures, so you guys could get a better idea, they are still a bit blurry. and yes Ping PCOS is a cause of my weight gain, Ive tried several things and so far nothing has worked!

Ping, thanks very much for the site!!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lost 15lbs
I am very happy with that!!! Ping I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that link

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How very, very frustrating!!! I'm thin except for my belly; I can bloat up unbelievably fast. I've spent thousands of dollars on testing, with no results. Except for kidney stones & the occasional kidney infection and the fact that my hematcrit is sky-high, but I test negative for pernicious anemia, I am very healthy. I've gone to all kinds of doctors; my body fat is low, but I'm as bloated as a sponge along my middle, including my back - so I can relate, esp. since my grandson had even asked me if I was going to have a baby. The doctors all say that it's water retention, but 2 urologists and 1 internist say no to diuretics --- it is ssoooo frustrating!!

I am sending prayers and vibes that you find the answer to losing that unwanted weight!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

I have lost 15lbs
I am very happy with that!!! Ping I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that link
WTG I am so proud for you. And I am glad the linked helped and I am glad I remembered watching something about that on tv.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Ping's link is working for you!

I have nothing to add since I don't know the condition except for the continued success!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now found this thread, and I'm so glad ping's link helped you!! And congrats on the weight loss!! How old are you (if you don't mind me asking). I used to not have to worry about anything until I hit about 35 and quit an active job. Metabolism is a meaning after that age.

One thing I want to tell you. You may look in the mirror and not see your beauty, but when I looked at your picture the first thing I thought was "omg, look at those eyes!!!" You have beautiful eyes and they are the window to the soul. In my eyes, you are beautiful now.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaw sweetie, after reading your first post I'd just like to say that you really shouldn't feel so bad - I think you're gorgeous!
I can understand why you feel the way you do though and why you want to change the trend - from the looks of things, Ping's help is really working for you - GREAT big congratulations on that one!
Just remember that no matter how you look, or what your weight, it's what's inside that really matters the most - and we all think the world of you!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You lost 15 pounds in 5 days?!
yea, that is often the case. When i first started my diet, i dropped 21 pounds in a week. lol man i wish it had stay at that level. after that is slows down, and the long war aganist the fat begins. I could deal with the 4 or 5 pounds.
but the times where it was 1 or 2, or even less then 1, and yes sometimes none, I wanted to bang my head aganist the wall in anger. hmm 15 months to lose most of my excess weight. been trying to lose the last 30 pounds now for a year(and not have much luck with that)

Brandi it is a lot of work, and like you , i have issues that caused the weight gain, and that also get in the way of losing it. I wish you the best of luck.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not in 5 days since the middle of Feb. I am 20 I will be 21 in April
Thanks everyone for your comments!! It really means a lot to me!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

No not in 5 days since the middle of Feb. I am 20 I will be 21 in April
Thanks everyone for your comments!! It really means a lot to me!!
Even so thats an amazing jump start on your weight loss journey. Remember if you ever need anything the forum is just but a post away.