Anyone want to see something funny? (Bad Haircut)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week I decided I needed a haircut BADLY (too many dry ends).

So I made an appointment with the person that I had last time at a chain salon. She did OK, was conservative, and respected the fact that I am growing my hair longer for the wedding (whenever it is).

Well the day of my appointment the hairdresser couldn't make it, so the manager of the salon placed me with someone else (with my permission).

OMG...during the cutting I was shocked how much she was cutting off in the front. In the end the layers were just BAD.

I decided I was going to try and get use to it...after all its just hair. However the more I looked at it the more I hated it this past week. Now I'm over the anger and am just laughing at it. I've decided not to go back to that salon, ever.

In anycase though, if you need a good laugh, here's the profiles of my hair:

My Left Side (which is good):

My right side (I hate & doesn't match the left):

I wish I could say I only spent $15 on the haircut, but I spent $50!!! All just to wear it in a ponytail.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
would you hate me if i said, I cant tell

beyond of the left and right dont look the same.

hmm. but what do i k now, i dont have any hair

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it looks that bad...can I see a frontal shot though?

Around here you get your money back if you hate the haircut..normally only at those chain places...Is it too late to try? You can clearly point out that the two sides are different to the manager.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you yell at them???? They should even it up for free for you. At least you probably never wear your hair like that, so if you tuck it behind your ears, it's probably unnoticeable.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the hairdresser think that all the layers would disguise the uneven cut???
I would go back and insist on a refund!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A salon that charges $50 for a haircut will honor your request to fix it. You will get the best stylist in the salon and he or she will make it look good. Don't give away $50. Anyway, they probably already know this person is not very good. You look nice anyway, even with the uneven hair cut.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, that looks rotten! If the sides don't match, go back & make them fix it or get a refund.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG, that looks rotten! If the sides don't match, go back & make them fix it or get a refund.
i agree, they should either sort it out or give you a full refund! i will never go to a salon, last time i did they put a trainee on me, she was supposed to be styling my hair, when she'd finished it looked like she only trimmed it! & i was charged full price for it
i get it done by a mobile hairdresser now

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would freak out! I am weird about my hair. I've been going to the same girl since I was 12-I'm 22 now and I could never go to someone else because I do not want someone cutting off more than I want!

You should go back. A lot of places will fix it for you and they SHOULD give you your money back. How awful!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Did the hairdresser think that all the layers would disguise the uneven cut???
I would go back and insist on a refund!!

No reason to wear someone else's mistake in public .... especially if you paid for it!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go back and get it evened up, but I just don't want the other side as short as it is. The hair looks find from the front and better if tucked behind my ears. It's taken me close to a year to get it this long.

I did call them this afternoon and asked what could be done about it, since I don't want the other side shorten. All they could offer is 10% off the next cut.
I just hung up.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go back and demand a refund or to have the girl you usually go to fix it for you at the salon's cost.

If you get a refund, go to another salon and have your hair fixed. Then don't go back to that other one.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree either make them fix it or make them give you a refund. A haircut should not come out that uneven, whoever did it should not be charging $50 for a haircut.