Admire DH's handiwork

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH finally got around to ordering the false wood for the railings around our false wood upper deck. It only took him a year (we had wire up for safety) to order the rails. Uh-huh. We got the stuff delivered last weekend but it was raining so he did not do anything. Today is sunny. He works on the rail this pm. He asked me if I liked his "handiwork."

He put up ONE rail!
At this rate, I'll be lucky to have it put up before next year!

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
---- I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh!! But I think our hubby's are alike! LOL, mine finally made me the beautiful dining room table that he's promised me for so long..... but we are sitting on patio chairs at it now!
I've put in my request for chairs.... but I've got a long wait in front of me!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Im So sorry!!! I hope he gets around to doing it soon!

My DH is the same way though!! It took him all day to make a one foot long shelf!! You should of heard him screaming! So funny!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to watch a man get so frustrated over handywork - it's even funnier when they know that their girlfriend could do the job better! DH got me to patch up the floor in the bathroom a while back because he coudln't work out how to mix the cement. A contractor who was out at a later date said that the work looked like it was done by a pro. DH was fuming!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Seriously, can YOU go out and help him with the rails. I'm sure its not that hard and your willingness to help and learn will be appreciated by him.

Just say "honey, is there anything I can do to help you with the rails - I'd like to learn how to it and you are a good teacher"

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry. Don't feel singled out though..My mom use to say you could tell when my dad had something to do around the house because he was usually heading off to the lake with his fishing rod..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Seriously, can YOU go out and help him with the rails. I'm sure its not that hard and your willingness to help and learn will be appreciated by him.

Just say "honey, is there anything I can do to help you with the rails - I'd like to learn how to it and you are a good teacher"
Seriously, I would have to have my head examined if I offer my help. A good teacher? Not in the slightest. We'd be separated before the next rail was up.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Sorry. Don't feel singled out though..My mom use to say you could tell when my dad had something to do around the house because he was usually heading off to the lake with his fishing rod..
LOL If my husband was off to the lake to go fishing I would be right there with him!!!!

Last summer I was working at the company my husband works. He would come down to work with me for overtime money. We worked side by side doing Fabrication work, we had our little spats, but I really learned a lot from him!!! Now it is a funny memory! I never used a chop saw, or nail gun in my life before that job, I was scared to death of them. Now I am planning on doing a lot of things around the house!!!!! It opened doors for me

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to wait 2 years to have shelves put up in my bedroom!
Dad kept saying to me "I will do it this weekend" but never got round to it....in the end I pestered that much he done it there and then!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for everyone whose dh or family member say that they will get to whatever needs to be done when they get around to it....

This is "A Round Tuit"

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH had that a long time ago on a piece of paper. Its so funny when people say "I'll get a round to it and get it done" - he hands them the "round Tuit".

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

DH had that a long time ago on a piece of paper. Its so funny when people say "I'll get a round to it and get it done" - he hands them the "round Tuit".
I had a little wooden disk that had that saying on it

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil is planning a big project (supposedly to last last October). got the $800 jointer that was a "must have" for the project. Now he wants to start in the spring-thats my super busy time for work!! Guess he will have to work on it himself.
His plan is from a cover of a Martha Stewart magazine. He like the ceiling so "we" are going to do an approximation of a beadboard ceiling with a complicated trim (hence the jointer).
I'm not holding my breath yet!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Men! I plan to stay single furr-ever for that reason, they drive me nuts!