New Movies?

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are there any new movies coming out that look good? I want to see 10000 BC when it comes out.

What about DVDs -- anyone seen any good films lately? I like all different genres but am kind of in the mood to watch a new (ish) horror movie .

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 30 Days of Night to watch, I think we're watching it tomorrow. I heard it was pretty good, so I can't wait.

I thought Boogeyman 2 was decent. Better than the first. But it's one of those gory horror movies, not like classic scary horror movies. But this one did scare me (I'm sort of a wuss). Also, the movie Captivity was really good as well. I don't think it was as well known, but I liked it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

We have 30 Days of Night to watch, I think we're watching it tomorrow. I heard it was pretty good, so I can't wait.
John brought that home yesterday, I don't think I've heard of it before, I hope its good though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah -- 30 days of Night -- vampires right? I didn't know that was out yet.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am watching Ebert and Roper and they just recommended "The Bank Job" which will be released next week. It got

They also reviewed 2 new DVDs. They recommended "Things That We Lost in the Fire" and "Into the Wild."

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
30 Days of Night,
Great movie we rented the last copy last night and it was awesome. Took a bit to really get going but once it did oh man I was on the edge of the bed.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh im going to the Theaters to see "Horton Heres a Who" within the next two weeks ((i just gotta find someone to go with me
)) im dying to see it!!
I watched 90% of "Fools Gold" the other day ((sux not being able to finish it)) and I thought it was hilarious!
I also cant wait to see "Nim's Island" ((it has Jodie Foster in it)) [even if its a Kids Movie
] and "10,000 B.C."
I havnt seen "30 Days of Nights" yet.. but I havnt been into the Vampire Movies there making lately so im not sure if ill be into it... but ill try watching it anyway when we Rent it.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

Oh yeah -- 30 days of Night -- vampires right? I didn't know that was out yet.
i really want to see this film! might watch it later, i thought it looked great, when i saw the trailer at the cinema

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Be Kind Rewind looked good, but I saw it last week and it sucked. It had a few funny parts, but that was it. Definitely disappointing for Jack Black.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just rented American Gangster (really long at 2 3/4 hr), No Reservations and last week Michael Clayton which were all pretty good. Rented a really bad one too: Dragon Wars-bad, bad, bad!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I thought Be Kind Rewind looked good, but I saw it last week and it sucked. It had a few funny parts, but that was it. Definitely disappointing for Jack Black.
I love Jack Black but I think this is probably one of his bad movies
We haven't seen it but I thought the previews looked awful

Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

i really want to see this film! might watch it later, i thought it looked great, when i saw the trailer at the cinema
We are watching this now because I told John I wouldn't watch it when its dark outside

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Rented a really bad one too: Dragon Wars-bad, bad, bad!!

I too was very Disappointed by D-Wars... I was so looking forward to seeing that till I did see it... although the creatures looked cool, the Story was kinda lame for "Modern Day" and the acting wasnt so great either.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

We are watching this now because I told John I wouldn't watch it when its dark outside
We just finished watching it, and it was dark outside. Needless to say I was really creeped out sitting on the couch with the sliding glass door behind me and the blinds open. But we're on the third floor so nothing could've scared me. But we thought it was pretty good. It scared me, but I'm a wuss and any "scary" movie scares me good.

I also agree that No Reservations was good, I really liked that. Also, we watched We Own the Night the other night, and we thought that was good as well.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

That sounds like me with Dawn of the Dead when it came out.. we went to the Theaters to see it... every time I woke up to an empty house up until about 2 weeks after i had seen the movie.. the first thought that went through my Mind was "Zombies!!"
I still have that thought occasionally now. [<Thats my all time Fave scary Movie!]
Im not a Wimp when it comes to Scary Movies though... I just LOVE Movies that really Scare the Crap out of me!! Zombie Movies usually always get to me... among others

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another great movie is the Irish one called 'Once' (I don't know if it's been released stateside). It's the film that won the oscar for best song. It's really sweet. I'm dying to see Juno and I still haven't seen 'No Country for Old Men'.

I am so not into horrors; the last one I watched was Wolf Creek and it scared the bejesus out of me.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

...but it's one of those gory horror movies, not like classic scary horror movies. But this one did scare me (I'm sort of a wuss).
30 day of night is very gory-ish...hope it doesn't scare your pants off!!!

As far as movies...I think "The Bucket List" is still in theaters...that was a good one!

I want to see "Definitely, Maybe", that one seems like a good one too.

There will be Blood has had high reviews too.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

30 day of night is very gory-ish...hope it doesn't scare your pants off!!!
I really liked 30 days of night. I thought it was good. It scared me, but not too much. I didn't like some of the vampires; they really creeped me out. I LOVE gory movies. I'm into the whole Saw, Hostel, Hills Have Eyes stuff. The gorier the better, IMO. (I have a sick twisted mind like that lol)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

We just rented American Gangster (really long at 2 3/4 hr), No Reservations and last week Michael Clayton which were all pretty good. Rented a really bad one too: Dragon Wars-bad, bad, bad!!
I really want to see American Gangster