Diving pictures

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going through my pics and found some from when I was diving. Obviously, these aren't my "pets" but I thought you might enjoy them. They aren't great (I'm not the greatest photographer on land, much less underwater!)

I had the opportunity to snorkel with dolphins!! It was awesome!

My boyfriend at the time....

Diving with sharks (don't worry, they were just reef sharks and didn't bother us at all.

One of many sea turtles...

Jellyfish lake in Palau. There is a fresh water lake there and the jelly fish are extremely rare. They have no natural predators in the water (they were stuck there centuries ago when Palau was forming) and they have no stingers. At sunrise they all rise to the surface to feed. You can only snorkel there and even then you have to swim very gently because they are so fragile. It is the weirdest feeling having jelly fish rubbing against you!

Manta Ray in Yap. This one was real ham for everyone's cameras!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! awsome pics!!! sounds like you had a real fun time!!
Id love to go Snorkeling sometime ((ive never been))... it must be awsome swimming along side all those beautiful creatures!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It IS awesome! And very humbling. When you get in the water, you realize that you are out of your element and THEY are the one's in charge. The dolphins were a blast though! The really wanted to play! You could try to race them to the bottom, but we didn't stand a chance. They loved the game though, and I swear they would slow up going to the service to give us a fighting chance but they always beat us! And, I know they were laughing the whole time.

One thing I have to point out about the dolphins...there are all rescue dolphins from around the world, and are released into the open water at night. They only come into the enclosures (of their own chosing) during the day for feeding and interaction. The keepers kept a close eye on us the entire time and we were only allowed to hold on to the dorsal fins when they were on the surface, and they seemed to love it. If they dove underwater, we had to let go so they wouldn't have a problem coming up for air.

Honestly, they were the most lovable and intellegent creatures I have ever met!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Sounds awsome!!
You know.. ive never seen a Dolphin in person.. and I think they look awsome and friendly!
But some people put them down for being the deadliest... heres an interesting link I thought you'd like: http://www.cracked.com/article_15853...stroy-you.html
Guess who made #1
I believe there friendlier than people say.
Ok, first of all, you have to look at the language used on this website. Can you really take it as gospel if the "F" word is used 5 times in the first 3 paragraphs? I honestly think this was written by someone who has no clue about anything.

Yes, dolphins can kill you. They can kill sharks. If someone is sticking something in their blow hole yes they will attack. That is sufficating them. And they will attack, just like a human would if someone put a pillow on their face.

Any animal will attack if cornered and their life is being threatened. The porpoises apparently were in their territory. Man has to leave the natural hierachy of animals alone and let them deal with it.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!! That is the coolest thing!!! one of the thing I really really want to do someday! Snorkel with all the sea creatures! I'm so jealous!

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW super cool pix. I have always wanted to do that! Didnt get a chance yet but hopefully will

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great pics!!!
if i was not so lazy i would get some of are pics scanned to share.

diving is so much fun.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa those pics are awesome! I would love to do that

Nice that those jellyfish don't have stingers too
The stings hurt