Hello Everyone!

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am SammiesMom...Samantha is a 16-month-old Tabby who is lovingly called Sammie. She has been in my home since she was 3 months old.

How we met (aka, how I got chosen):

In the Summer of 2006 I had to put my beloved 14-year-old terrier mix, Max, to sleep. My heart broke. He was the best dog in the world. I grieved long and hard, but he had cancer and he stayed as long as he could.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. I went to my son's to spend the night and have Christmas with him and his family. Their cat had given birth in October to a small litter and immediately upon my arrival, it was "Mom, you need a kitten!" I said no, I was still grieving Max and was not ready for another pet.

Well, at about 4:30 a.m., I awakened to realize I was spooning a tiny little kitten who was fast asleep with her front paws wrapped around my wrist.

Need I say I was a goner?

She is a love, very affectionate, totally indoor cat and bringing her home was the best thing I ever did for myself. I've always had dogs and never realized what I had missed in not sharing my life with a cat. She is a great companion, very chatty, giving me a little "purrttt" when I ask her questions.

Meet Sammie:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammie is just adorable! It's it funny how they pic you and not the other way around? I can't wait to see and hear more about her!

Welcome to TCS btw. It's a great place here so make yourself comfy and jump in on any thread.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS!

Sammie is a cutie, and the story of how she picked you is cute as well!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful story!!!
I'm so glad you kept her!Can't wait to hear more about you and Sammie! She's a very pretty girl!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. What a lovely story. My son found my Blossom when she was only 3 weeks old & she's 1 month older than your Sammie, who is very cute. Look forward to hear more about her.

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to a wonderful site filled with goood people & lots of knowledge.. oh & kitty is a sweety..

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi SammiesMom, welcome to TCS!

So glad you and your beautiful tabby, Samantha, have joined our wonderful community of cat lovers. I truly hope you enjoy your time here with us!

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It IS amazing how sensitive cats can be to our emotions. I really liked the story about Sammy "choosing" you. Just curious...was she the last kitten left, or were there still others in the house.

The odd thing is that cats will almost always love up to someone who claims not to like cats. Some experts say this is a defense mechanism.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Your girl Sammie is precious! Hope to see more photos of her

Best Wishes! Hope you enjoy the forums

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, and welcome to the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. We also have a game specially designed for newcomers like yourself called KatKwiz, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots (thousands) of points. Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and Sammie to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
More pics, you say?

Saturday, sunning on the lanai:

Tried to catch her rolling, but it is tough!

Her favorite place to "hide" on the lanai and watch for critters...birds, squirrels, lizards.