Please.... I need vibes for Chynna

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old girl is sick

She threw up about 5 or 6 times last evening, the last looked like water she had drank shortly before. And she had 2 bouts of diarrhea in the litter box too.

I was hoping it was just the fact that I had given her her own portion of Fancy Feast and it didn't agree with her. But last night her ears, nose and rims of her eyes were pinker than normal, and she felt a bit warm. And she "looked" sick to look at her face. Plus while she slept on my pillow she wasn't cuddly like she normally is. In fact she only wanted to sleep on my pillow and not be "loved" on.

This morning I saw that she peed in the litter box, hasn't thrown up that I can see, but she's still "pink" and feeling warm and lethargic. She is usually begging for food and out of bed as soon as I move. But not today. She stayed on the pillow for about 10 minutes and hasn't bugged me for food yet. And she has gone off to the cupboard to sleep.

I called the vet but they don't have an opening, but has told me that I can go there and sit and wait to see if there is time to fit her in. I hope so

Please, can I have some strong TSC vibes for her? She's 15 years old (16 in May) and I know my time with her is limited, but I just hope I get longer than today to love on her!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending many many vibes for Chynna. Feel better soon baby girl

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an owner of a senior myself I can sympathize with you. Perhaps some plain boiled chicken breast for food as that is pretty bland.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Chynna! Lucky face gets pink when he is sick. I hope everything is ok with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left for there right after I posted because they had told me that they had a few others that were coming in to sit and wait. So I wanted to be first there.

I only waited about 10 minutes before a tech came to examine her, and then maybe 15 minutes longer for the doctor to have a look.

Her temperature is slightly elevated....though she didn't tell me what it was.But she said it wasn't really high, just slightly. Her heart rate was 240 bpm which is very fast, but could have been the result of being a bit stressed about being there.

The doctor came in and checked her out. She does have a number of cavities, but no inflamed gums. He felt her abdomen and didn't feel any masses and doesn't think she's obstructed.

I've left her there for the afternoon so that they can do a complete blood panel on her including a thyroid test.

He said the possibilities for a senior cat's illness are nearly endless. Diabetes, renal failure, hyperthyroidism were the ones he was primarily concerned about. He said that based on my description of her activities that it doesn't sound like she has been sick "long term" so it could even be something as simple as an acute case of gastroenteritis that caused her to have diarrhea and throw up.

The blood work and exam are over $355.00! I told him that I know she needs the blood work but there is no way I can pay $355.00 all at once because I am on a fixed disability income and am literally using my grocery money to cover the vet visit and in fact cancelled a trip to Safeway to go there. I told him that I could pay $200.00 today and asked if we could work out a payment plan for the rest plus whatever treatment she needs. He is agreeable to that.

Chynna is still at the vets and I'll be picking her back up before 4pm to bring her home and I'll know more then.

Please keep those TCS vibes coming!!!

I came home and Abby was sitting on the deep freezer waiting for me. I think she misses Chynna and has been looking for her. The deep freezer was where I had the cat carrier with Chynna in it before I took her to the Vets.