TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The worst flu Iv'e ever experienced!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The worst flu Iv'e ever experienced!

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I have been sick for six days, I mean REALLY sick! Started with a scratchy throat, then that got worse and I lost my voice, followed with fever, then bronchitis, then sinusitis, it was every type of cold/flu one after the other! This is the first day I was out of bed, and I REALLY missed everyone! Maia took good care of me, she curled under the blanket with me most of the time!
It just started snowing a few hours ago, so ofcourse earlier today my head felt like it was in a vice!
Happy to be alive!
post #2 of 25
We are sick, too, all of us. It seems to have hit our daughter the worst which is unusual. Nine out of 24 kids in her class have been out sick all week, and both of her teachers.

Hope you feel better soon!
post #3 of 25
I've heard the flu has been particularly nasty this year as the vaccine wasn't a good match.

I hope you feel better soon.
post #4 of 25
I heard that, too. We all got the flu shot.
post #5 of 25
Feel better soon.
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 
From what I understand it easily mutates so the vaccine weren't sufficient. This is what I experienced because I know exactly who brought it to me and he was lucky, his roommates only had irritated throats then congestion maybe low fevers. They were fine in 3-4 days, I'm still recovering but hopefully the worst is over! Oh yeah, the sneezing and itchy sinuses, the worst ever! Uncontrollable sneezing, I thought I was going to die!!! I had to take antibiotics for the infections, Bronchitis, Sinusitis, and throat...........but what really helped me was NyQuil, believe it or not! It relieved my symptoms so I could sleep and finally I started to heal. Good old NyQuil!
post #7 of 25
Did you get any antibiotics for the bronchitis and sinusitis? I had it go that way on me too when I caught it earlier this month - I got antibiotics when I woke up one morning and discovered it was trying to turn into a sinus infection.

I think the deal with this year's flu was that they were expecting 3 strains to be prevalent and got one of the strains wrong? Either way this season has been tough on a lot of people.

I hope you get to feeling better. If your head starts hurting again stick a wet wash cloth in the freezer for a few minutes - shape it into a circle. When you pull it out you can slip that around your neck and it will stay for a bit.
post #8 of 25
We all got the flu here too and we had our flu shots also! The kids were sick for 15 days and are just starting to get better! joey still threw up this morning but I think he's feeling much better and I hope you feel better too!
post #9 of 25
everyone in my family had it. we all had flu shots as well. mine turned into pnewmonia (sp). its really bad this year for some reason.
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
everyone in my family had it. we all had flu shots as well. mine turned into pnewmonia (sp). its really bad this year for some reason.
Oh that sucks!! Phnemonia is nothing to fool around with! Are you better??
post #11 of 25
This year sucks for getting sick. I've been sick every 6 weeks since mid-November. This past week I got bronchitis and an acute asthma attack. When I went to the urgent care, my O2 saturation was only 90-92% (no wonder I was gasping for air!) so they gave me a breathing treatment...Gosh it felt good to finally get some oxygen!!! I was put on Augmentin and an Albuterol inhaler, and I feel almost human again...but I get exhausted SO easily with very little exertion. I'm on call today, and I'm so hoping that it will stay quiet!

Hope you're feeling better, and it doesn't take too long for you to get back to your daily routine!
post #12 of 25
Sounds like you guys have all had a pretty rough time of it I haven't had a flu shot, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I will. It doesn't seem to be doing much good, from what I've heard from a lot of people. I think everyone has to experience flu at some point in their lives... that way they can really appreciate that having a head cold isn't so bad after all!

I hope you all feel much better soon
post #13 of 25
I am Sick too and I got the Flu Shot. They said the shot wasnt good for all the strains this year. My Asthma is acting up because I am sick now too. I hope everyone feels better.
post #14 of 25
i've been quite sick for a while now. don't know whether it's flu, as i've never had that & i have the flu jab every year. hmmm, i've not been myself i know that much, & it seem's to come & go
post #15 of 25
I'm sorry to hear you are sick! There are both flu strains and strep going around our area. I understand that they actually closed down a school around here for a week because the strep was so bad. People have been out of work for 2 weeks at a time. Knock on wood for everyone not to get this.
post #16 of 25
Whoa! You had it rough. But it sounds like you had a good nurse by your side!
post #17 of 25
Wow. It sounds like what so many of my friends have had. They all say that they absolutely could not get out of bed......that all they felt like doing was sleeping. Everytime they moved, it knocked them out. And these are all people that got flu shots as well.

Glad you're feeling better and made it through the worst.
post #18 of 25
hope your feeling better fast.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheylink View Post
I have been sick for six days, I mean REALLY sick! Started with a scratchy throat, then that got worse and I lost my voice, followed with fever, then bronchitis, then sinusitis, it was every type of cold/flu one after the other! This is the first day I was out of bed, and I REALLY missed everyone! Maia took good care of me, she curled under the blanket with me most of the time!
It just started snowing a few hours ago, so ofcourse earlier today my head felt like it was in a vice!
Happy to be alive!
Sounds exactly like what I had and DH, though DH's did get into the fluid in his right lung, he's just starting to get better now and it's been 2 weeks. Glas to hear you are getting better. Keep taking the fluids and trying to rest to get your body back into gear! My voice still isn't back completely but I'm soo soo much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheylink View Post
From what I understand it easily mutates so the vaccine weren't sufficient. This is what I experienced because I know exactly who brought it to me and he was lucky, his roommates only had irritated throats then congestion maybe low fevers. They were fine in 3-4 days, I'm still recovering but hopefully the worst is over! Oh yeah, the sneezing and itchy sinuses, the worst ever! Uncontrollable sneezing, I thought I was going to die!!! I had to take antibiotics for the infections, Bronchitis, Sinusitis, and throat...........but what really helped me was NyQuil, believe it or not! It relieved my symptoms so I could sleep and finally I started to heal. Good old NyQuil!
Yeah! NyQuil was our savior too! Between me and DH we went through 2 bottles of the NyQuil D and 2 bottle of the NyQuil! It's crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
This year sucks for getting sick. I've been sick every 6 weeks since mid-November. This past week I got bronchitis and an acute asthma attack. When I went to the urgent care, my O2 saturation was only 90-92% (no wonder I was gasping for air!) so they gave me a breathing treatment...Gosh it felt good to finally get some oxygen!!! I was put on Augmentin and an Albuterol inhaler, and I feel almost human again...but I get exhausted SO easily with very little exertion. I'm on call today, and I'm so hoping that it will stay quiet!

Hope you're feeling better, and it doesn't take too long for you to get back to your daily routine!
Take is as easy as you can today honey! I am glad they got your O2 levels back up for you too! Keep an eye on yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanner View Post
Wow. It sounds like what so many of my friends have had. They all say that they absolutely could not get out of bed......that all they felt like doing was sleeping. Everytime they moved, it knocked them out. And these are all people that got flu shots as well.

Glad you're feeling better and made it through the worst.
It has been a crazy year for this hasn't it!? Just bad all around!
post #20 of 25
Sorry you're sick I had strep throat a few weeks ago but I think it might be trying to come back. The left side of my throat hurts when I swallow. Hope you're doing okay
post #21 of 25
Awww, sorry to hear that!! Hope ou continue to get better!! I was very sick for four weeks a couple weeks ago. It just would not go away!! But I am finally feeling better.
post #22 of 25
to all of you who are ill. The flu is working its way through Europe, too, and the vaccine isn't effective. A lot of people seem to have strep, too.
post #23 of 25
I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick. I hope you continue to feel better. I was sick for 3 weeks with the flu and then a week later I got sick again for another month. I am finaly over it. I hope it stays away this time.
post #24 of 25
I hope you feel better soon! How sweet of Maia to watch over her momma. I think they really can sence when we are sick, sad or upset. What would we do without our babies?
post #25 of 25
To feel better soon!

That cold/flu went around down here. I had a severe cold twice and B had the flu once...but for a good long month.

I'm one that rarely gets sick (its been 3 years since my last cold/flu). So when I get sick you know its bad!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The worst flu Iv'e ever experienced!