Video proof of finger chewing.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a vid camera today and i'll be adding lots of clips of the kittens. But I wanted to test everything first.

Pain in the rump to do this. I had to crop the file, reduce the size, re-encode it with Virtual Dub then compress and re-encode again with Windows Media Encoder.

It's a shame I can't upload the good quality vids. The camera does HD. but it's in blue ray format and you can't upload that to youtube. So the uploads will all be in regular definition.

Here's the first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow they deleted the video! what the heck? Or does anyone see it?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it, Fastnoc. She is soooooo cuuuuuttteee... and you're ENCOURAGING her to chew!
Or was that just for cinematic proof!

Looks like there are alot of clips of kittens chewing on fingers on You Tube.

Adrien

Oh yeah... their little teeth are like needles! And your fingers are surrogate nips!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I saw it, Fastnoc. She is soooooo cuuuuuttteee... and you're ENCOURAGING her to chew!
Or was that just for cinematic proof!

Looks like there are alot of clips of kittens chewing on fingers on You Tube.

Adrien

Oh yeah... their little teeth are like needles! And your fingers are surrogate nips!
That was just to show what she does. I was encouraging her because it takes her awhile to do it without that. But trust me, it doesn't change

Yes my nipfingers feel like a pin cushion. I use to let them do it (that's my first problem) but then they got a little bigger and well, those jaws get strong FAST.

I'm going to get some bitter apple today. They started chewing the wires for the TV etc too so it needs to get stopped now

Originally Posted by glitch

I got it!! So cute!!
Thanks! I can't wait to make some decent videos. I'm working on some now for fun.

Originally Posted by laureen227

but you need to get those babies some chew toys! mine like these: dental health chews.
I will go to petco today. There's one right down the street from me. Hopefully that will cure some of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a thought. Let them chew on the bottle nipples... I mean empty baby milk bottles. In the rare occasion that I have bottle fed a kitty infant... they like to do that.... you maybe could redirect them....

AB

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I uploaded one with sound. It's actually much better because she meows the entire time. but she's so tiny it isn't really a meow.

Man I'm turning into a wuss.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not a wuss!! The kitten video made my boyfriend say awwwww... and HE"S not a wuss, much.

She is trying to get milk from your finger... that's why it may be a good idea to use the bottle as a pacifier.

There is another video on UT that shows a kitten chewing on a human baby pacifier... maybe that would work, too as a redirected target.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a sweet kitten. Very affectionate. her brother is a loner.

I got some of that bitter apple and holy crap that stuff works good. I haven't been chewed on yet. Going to get a pacifier to as suggested.

For some reason the little girl was sleeping on the couch on her blanket. She jumped up and started dumping this crud out of her little behind. it was CLEAR with white chunks. I think the formula might have spoiled in her and gave her the runs. After the mess I just went through with her I'm really nervous. But I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

Can they get a temp case of the poops if they eat too much? She's as happy as ever and once I cleaned her up she immediately started pouncing on me.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soooo cute! Rusty and Dusty were looking for the kitty.

As for the poops... I don't know about that.. someone will be along soon to answer your question

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

That is soooo cute! Rusty and Dusty were looking for the kitty.

As for the poops... I don't know about that.. someone will be along soon to answer your question
as long as she's still eating & drinking, i think you can wait until monday to see the vet [assuming it's still a problem at that time]. but if she stops drinking, & is still doing the weird runny poops, i'd take her asap - cats [especially kittens] can dehydrate really quickly!
you haven't changed anything, food-wise, have you?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

She's a sweet kitten. Very affectionate. her brother is a loner.

I got some of that bitter apple and holy crap that stuff works good. I haven't been chewed on yet. Going to get a pacifier to as suggested.

For some reason the little girl was sleeping on the couch on her blanket. She jumped up and started dumping this crud out of her little behind. it was CLEAR with white chunks. I think the formula might have spoiled in her and gave her the runs. After the mess I just went through with her I'm really nervous. But I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

Can they get a temp case of the poops if they eat too much? She's as happy as ever and once I cleaned her up she immediately started pouncing on me.
don't know about the strange poops. As OPs have said, just keep an eye on her b/c as you know kittens can go downhill quickly.

As for a paccie - probably would need a premie or newborn one given the size of their mouths.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashley45

Any luck with the pacifier? How are they doing?
man, I completely forgot to re-check this thread.

Actually the bitter apple worked really well. Although you won't believe what has happened now. lol

The little boy cat gets upset because he can't chew on my fingers. So what he does, is jump into my hand, flip his paws over and suck on the big center pad on his front feet. It's incredibly cute but I'm concerned he might do damage. It's got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. he looks like he's gripping his face. I'll take a video.

Originally Posted by laureen227

as long as she's still eating & drinking, i think you can wait until monday to see the vet [assuming it's still a problem at that time]. but if she stops drinking, & is still doing the weird runny poops, i'd take her asap - cats [especially kittens] can dehydrate really quickly!
you haven't changed anything, food-wise, have you?
No changes, but I think i was just feeding them too much. I went to the store and got some more food types (see the other thread here Click Me. I tried the max cat pouch for kittens and they LOVED it. Chicken and tomatos. So they started eating real food! as soon as that started they both pooped just fine.

So this morning I had no more kitten pouches but I had the meow mix. Chicken liver and gravy. They dug that too. But it wasnt kitten food. So i let them eat their fill, then gave them a little KMR to supplement.

They seem to be fine now. I still can't get the little girl to consistentlyl use the litter box but she's getting better. Think it just comes with age.

I've set out 4 bowls of water because I'm moving them to real food. but they still haven't started drinking it yet. I'm sure the KMR is doing that.