Can anyone estimate the age of this Tappan stove?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came across this stove on the front porch of a house. It's an older Tappan gas stove. Can anyone tell me how old they think it might be? Sorry the picture is a little blurry....it was the best I could do with it not being fully daylight outside this morning.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea. But by the looks of it and all of those little doors, it would have been a PITA to try and cook in it. How on earth would you roast a 25 pound turkey?!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

It looks kinda like the oven my church used to have that was from the 50's...
That's what I was thinking too. I went to the Hoover Museum (president Hoover) here in Iowa not too long ago and they had a stove like that on display. They also had the first electric iron and things like that. If I had to guess not knowing anything about stoves I would say it was a 50s model.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Both DH and I are guessing its in the late 50's or early-mid 60's.
that what i was thinking,

if you cant get the model number, you could find out very easy i bet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have no idea. But by the looks of it and all of those little doors, it would have been a PITA to try and cook in it. How on earth would you roast a 25 pound turkey?!
Being a non-meat eater, that would not be a problem for me!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Do you know the model number of it?
Not at the moment.

Originally Posted by theimp98

that what i was thinking,

if you cant get the model number, you could find out very easy i bet
I don't have the model number yet, but I plan to stop by there this morning to talk to the people about it. See if they are wanting to get rid of it, what's wrong with it, etc. I'll try to get more pictures, model #, date, etc.

If all your guesses are right, then it is not as old as I was hoping. What I'd really like is a Chambers stove.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Both DH and I are guessing its in the late 50's or early-mid 60's.
I agree. It looks exactly like the stove that my mom had when I was a very little girl (early 60's) and it was old back then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK....so I stopped by to check out this stove yesterday. I decided to pass on it. It had quite a bit of rust on all the important parts. In addition to that, I was hoping that it had a griddle between the burners and it didn't. The handles, which were there, but broken off, were plastic.
The lady said they would part with it for $75. I informed her that I would do some research on it to see if I could find available parts for it. I told her if she didn't hear back from me in a couple of weeks, I was going to pass on it. I wrote down the numbers that we got off the plate, but Goggle gave me nothing. I was just curious to see if I could find out how old it was. I guess it was best, what I really want is a Chambers.
I need to just hold out for one of those to come along.