My friend cannot decide!

missykittystars

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I realised since i'm back I can ask you guys!

My friend Lisa, Shes in her 30's and about a year ago her beloved Russian blue passed away

Since not having cats in her life she's always wanted another.

Shes having a tough time deciding though, on a breed shes been researching into it for a long long long time, at first she was interested in a siamese,
But I introduced her to the fun loving bengal, i've seen a breeder on here before, and adore their benglas there a treasure.

Now Lisa is torn between the two, shes visited the breeders and saw both of the breeds and got famillar with them both and she simply cannot decide, I told her i'd post here if any of your info is greatly as always appriciated

I feel alittle guilty for making her decsion harder hehe, by showing her bengal breed, but Lisa is very active, she has no otherb pets, Loves playing with her cats, she has a massive cat tree, I could just see a bengal hanging from!

But she does like a snuggle cat one who will follow her, and sit by her all the warmth and affection, Shes open minded about other breeds,

But she really could use your knowledge i'll bullet point the exact points she wrote down.

- Active playful
- Enjoys a loving snuggle and cat nap on the bed
- talkative and likes to follow me about!

thanks again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missykittystars

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I have to suggest one of each
Thats very true actually, two would be good for company but I'm not so famillar with siamese to know there temprement to know if they'd take on a bengal or not.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever had the one Bengal that I have now. She is certainly playful and affectionate. She sleeps curled up against me every night and will sleep in my lap at other times. I'm told that Bengals aren't usually lap cats although they do like to hang around with their humans.

I had 2 Siamese for many years. They were playful when they were young, not so much as they aged. I've heard that Siamese are considered "people" cats. My 2 sure were. They loved everyone and especially me. I literally could not sit down without getting a lapful full of cat. That actually got kind of annoying.

Both are wonderful breeds. Your friend can't go wrong if she chooses one of them.

BUT, both are high energy breeds and they usually *need* a feline playmate to play with when you aren't available.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless she adopts 2 Bengals, its probably not a good thing to only have the one cat. Maybe that might be the deciding factor if she can or cannot have more then one cat

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missykittystars

- Active playful
Oriental of course! I am biased having 2 wonderful Ori boys in my life, but they fit all 3 of those criteria. Very much like the Siamese, but having canvassed opinions of many people who own both, Orientals come out as being a bit more active/mischievous, generally speaking. They come in most colours and patterns including spotted tabby, if she particularly likes the look of spotted cats.

My boys play a lot, when they are done with playing they want to be on you (next to you is not good enough), and they trail around with you getting underfoot and helping out with everything and telling you all about their day. Absolutely lovely creatures, I am bowled over every day by how affectionate they are.

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I have to suggest one of each
I'd have to second that. Get a kitten of each breed and they will keep each other company and will make great playmates for each other. Though with kittens it's a crap shoot on whether or not they will be lapcats, affectionate, etc. as they mature. With adults, they're personalities are in place so you will know what to expect.

I also LOVE both breeds and have to console myself on only fostering Siamese for now. Some day I would love to have a permanent Meezer AND Bengal.

missykittystars

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the tips!

She's extremely open minded on even adopting an adult of either of the breeds, I spoke to her about that, and she said she knows when she sees the cat which one just leaps out!
understand what she means by that hehe.

But yes Oriental! what a great suggestion! I'll also pass this on i'll call her in a moment!
I love your orientals the photos are priceless

Also they come in a grey colour which she loves, also tabby colors, I think two would be a good choice though for a friend, She does her work at home, so being alone isn't too much of an issue.

Thanks again though! any more tips are greatly appriciated

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orientals come in every color you can imagine, and then some. From solids (including chocolate/lilac) to bicolors to tabbies to tortie/calico. Even tabby and white now.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orientals tend to get along best with others of the same breed, and can get lonely if left for any amount of time as they become very attached to their humans, so if she gets 2 that is perfect. The only problem with them is that they come in so many colours it can be difficult to make a decision!

I like the dilute colours best, I have a blue (dilute of black) and a lilac (dilute of havana). I am in touch with several breeders who have litters due in all sorts of colours, waiting lists do not tend to be long (if there is one at all!) unless you are very specific about a particular colour or pattern or want a top show quality. I will PM you a link to a UK based Siamese & Oriental resource that you might like to pass on to your friend.

Here are my boys:

missykittystars

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Orientals tend to get along best with others of the same breed, and can get lonely if left for any amount of time as they become very attached to their humans, so if she gets 2 that is perfect. The only problem with them is that they come in so many colours it can be difficult to make a decision!

I like the dilute colours best, I have a blue (dilute of black) and a lilac (dilute of havana). I am in touch with several breeders who have litters due in all sorts of colours, waiting lists do not tend to be long (if there is one at all!) unless you are very specific about a particular colour or pattern or want a top show quality. I will PM you a link to a UK based Siamese & Oriental resource that you might like to pass on to your friend.

Here are my boys:
Thanks so much for the information, its so helpful really, is
Appriciate all the effort!

I just sent her the photo of your boys over msn, and she fell head over heals!

She loves the fact there like siamese looking, but also have this beautiful range of colours there, I never knew they came in such a range of colours! it's really opened my eyes to the breed!

Shes going to go over all details first and have a look into it, but she seems bowled over and won over should i say by your boys!
I am too though hehe.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks so much for the information, its so helpful really, is
Appriciate all the effort!

I just sent her the photo of your boys over msn, and she fell head over heals!

She loves the fact there like siamese looking, but also have this beautiful range of colours there, I never knew they came in such a range of colours! it's really opened my eyes to the breed!

Shes going to go over all details first and have a look into it, but she seems bowled over and won over should i say by your boys!
I am too though hehe.
That picture had a similar affect on me! They are adorable.
If I ever considered a purebred they would definitely be on my short list.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, its darn hard to pick out just one color in the orientals. I've recently seen some outstanding calico and bicolors. I've always wanted a solid black oriental - that was one of the first ones I saw when showing cats - his name was Typha Nite Sprite and he was stunning to put it mildly

I also like the red spotted boys too. So it would be tough to pick out just one oriental if I wanted to

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

But she really could use your knowledge i'll bullet point the exact points she wrote down.

- Active playful

thanks again
Qualities all found in the spectacular Siamese! If those are the qualities she is looking for she cannot go wrong with a meezer. Also, Siamese thrive on the company of their human companions and many very happily live as only cats, so if she only wants one this is something to consider. There are three cats in my household and Ruin the Siamese generally ignores their presence and is instead completely devoted to me.
Go for the Siamese, they are the most wonderful cats to live with!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
found online at animal planet: Orientals come in solid, smoke, shaded, bicolor, particolor, and tabby color classes, making possible over 300 possible colors and patterns.
how would she ever choose?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's not an easy decision to make! When I was choosing my Ori kitten I narrowed it down to self (ie solid) or bicolour before looking at any kittens, otherwise I'd have probably ended up with 10