How many cat tree does one kitten needs?

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I already have one - and I am so crazy about getting another smaller one .. about 4 feet tall. I am really spoiling my kitty to the max so please someone talk me out of it.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova would like to help out. She says you can send the second cat tree to her!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How tall is the present one and how many shelves, tunnels, boxes, etc. does it have?

Ours is about 4 feet tall and its really too small for Charlie - was fine when he was a kitten. DH will be building a 2nd treehouse about 3 feet higher and we'll connect the two with a ramp.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Smart Nova!!

Here's her current cat tree:-

And here's the one which I am considering of buying:-

It's so pretty and someone pointed out this one actually from another thread. I am so tempted to get it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the first one is "busy" and should do. If you can afford the 2nd one, go for it. But only if you have the extra money and its not money you need for your own bills

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one kitty, and have the tree you posted first, the tan one. I also have another tree. It isn't as big but she does still use it all the time. She
her cat trees so I say go for two if you can.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I am really spoiling my kitty to the max so please someone talk me out of it.
I am no help, 3 cats 4 trees. Just ordered another and have 1 more on the wish list.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only problem that I see now is how to reorganize my apartment space to accommodate another tree. Well, I think I just have to be reasonable now and think of a better way to spend the money on her elsewhere.

tabbygirl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I already have one - and I am so crazy about getting another smaller one .. about 4 feet tall. I am really spoiling my kitty to the max so please someone talk me out of it.
This is the wrong site to post this one, if you want to be talked out of it.

There is nothing wrong with a cat having several cat trees. The more the merrier.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

But all these cat trees pale when compared to the Cat House. Have you seen it?

http://www.catshouse.com/

The have a book about it, too. Pretty impressive.
Oh mrblanche! I saw the pics of the cat house in Cat Fancy mag just a few days ago. What a marvelous idea. Those kitties are truly spoiled to the max. How wonderful really ... I've seen something similar and I think it's called Kitty Walk or something. Very creative. But I am not about to construct one because I feel strange having my kitties walking on walls. It's just me I guess but it's truly a wonderful idea.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TabbyGirl88

You should check out Pet Edge: http://www.petedge.com/home.jsp

We got a Huge... I mean huge cat tree.. it is around 6 feet tall for $100. This is it: http://www.petedge.com/Meow-Town-Kit...do-ZW81576.pro . When we first got our cat we searched high and low for cheap cat gyms and Pet Edge, by far has the cheapest. Just be prepared to spend a few hours putting it together, the directions were horrible
My..thanks for the site. I was looking for a kitty tunnel and saw exactly what I wanted. Also, their cat trees are so colorful! Oh gosh, I know I will get a kitty tunnel and might change my mind about the cat tree which I initially wanted to purchase and get one from PetEdge instead.

jenniferd : Dang! You are just so right about this site. I was hoping to get talked out of buying one thing, instead I got sucked into buying another. Phew!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have 2 cats and 6 cat trees (ok, granted a couple are smallish scratching posts, but one is ceiling high and 3 of them are 3ft or taller) - so by that reasoning I'd say you need 3.......

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got my new kittens and the first thing I went on line to get was a cat tree. There so many nice ones big and small, I'm planing on buying maybe 1 more. but this is the first one I got them.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one kitty, and have the tree you posted first, the tan one. I also have another tree. It isn't as big but she does still use it all the time. She
her cat trees so I say go for two if you can.
I agree but only if u have the extra money....I have 2...1 in living room n 1 in my bedroom...Those are rooms where my boy stays 99% of the time...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have nine cat trees plus a stack of cardboard catty stax, two window perches and a tunnel on top of the bookcases. Oh and 2 catios. For 4 cats

I want to get another cat tree but my daughter says we don’t have anyplace to put it.