Oops - embarrassed and how to explaing this?

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night Manny woke me at 1:30 am by climbing under the covers and snuggling up to me. He was laying on top of me but slid off so his belly was exposed. I was giving him a tummy rub and though I felt a small lump. So this morning I called the vet and I am bringing him in at 3:30 this afternoon (he needs his rabies shot too) and now that I'm home I was feeling around for the lump again and I realize it was probably his wee-wee I felt.

How do I explain that one?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
feeling up your cat isn't exactly socially acceptable.
Check him again maybe you did feel somthing or when you get to the vet say you were playing and thought you felt somthing can you please check him over.
Sibohan tends to have "moles" or at lease what people would think of as moles or warts. They tend to come and go and I always check with the vet in case anything is looking like cancer.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I seem to remember one thread where people were discussing how they couldn't tell what sex some kittens were... so they had to feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oops.

I am pretty sure there is no lump. I've been checking and I'll have the vet check again too. I just hope it is the female vet on today.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I personally am a believer that you should run your hands over every inch of an animal's body on a regular basis, so you know when something odd shows up. We have to remember that cats and dogs don't view their privates like us humans do.

I get looks of disgust (and words of horror when online) when I mention that I feel my dog's wee-wee every now and then. He's at the age now where warts and cysts are showing up, so I have to keep myself informed on where new ones are showing up. Even if that means running my hands along his thing and between the back legs. He doesn't care, though.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would much rather know whats going on! Its like having a kid, you may not want to wipe his butt but you really have to!

I would call the vet, tell them it was a false alarm. I wouldn't even go in if you know what you felt!

Not to mention... I dont feel vary socialable right now. Im on the internet! Not out in a crowd! Sure, I wouldn't do it in public, but the comfort of your own home is different. Trust me, if a lump does come up somewhere special where you dont want to check, and it turns up to be something bad, you'll regret not having checked them over!