You know you're addicted to TCS when...

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's been here before, but I'm restarting it again so I don't resurrect a dinosaur-age topic.

...you wake up and the first thing you think about it getting on TCS to see what's happened overnight.
...you love the cats on here as much as you love your own.
...you have a hard time not calling your husband/wife dh/dw.
...the moment something exciting happens you run to tell your TCS friends before any of your friends in real life.
...you find yourself wishing people could talk in smilies in real life, too!

Any that you have of your own?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first site I visit in the morning, even before checking my emails.

I yap about the people on here (and their cats) to my boyfriend, like you guys are here in real life!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When even my hubby says, of one of the people on here, "oh, it looks like so-and-so's going to get a snowstorm today."

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-When you start getting the shakes if the site is down for an hour or so.

-When you keep hitting the refresh button to see if anyone has responded to your post.

-When all your good jokes and funny stories come from other people on the TCS.

-When you find yourself sharing with your friends in real life about your friends on TCS and they have no idea who you are babbling about.

-When you ignore your family in order to find a "very important" answer to someone else's question on TCS. Cause friends on TCS are thicker than blood.

-When your DH has to spray water in your face to get you to pay attention to the question he has been trying to ask the last hour.

- When your out on a date with your husband and you spend your time on your iphone to check to see if anyone has posted anything new.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you haven't actually been on the site in months,

but you still talk about other TCSers - and their cats to family and friends.

and constantly recommend TCS to anyone who ever mentions that they have a cat, are getting a cat, saw a cat, or possibly, once, heard a vague description of a cat.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

lol - Sometimes it would make it SO much easier to say sarcastic remarks in RL if you could add a
at the end...

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When friends and coworkers groan audibly anytime the phrase, "So, on this cat forum I belong to..." leaves your lips.

You get overly excited when an off-topic thread you created goes to a second page.

The opinion of other TCS members matters more to you than your own SO/DH/DW's opinion.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

and constantly recommend TCS to anyone who ever mentions that they have a cat, are getting a cat, saw a cat, or possibly, once, heard a vague description of a cat.
So true!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

When I tell DH that I am on TCS and he says, "Gee, that's a surprise."
haha, that's the same for me! & i agree with what everyone's said, they are all sooo true!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're addicted when You stay up all day and night so you dont miss anything!

Or when you husband can look at you from across the room and know something bad has happened just by the look on your face.

You try to get your RL friends to join!!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't get out for your run!!!

Help! I've been on here for an hour and a half, and I need to get my day started! I had planned on just checking things out here and then going for a run.........well, *ahem*, that was an hour and a half ago.

Okay. Going running now.

Really.

Right now.

For sure.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

I know it's been here before, but I'm restarting it again so I don't resurrect a dinosaur-age topic.

...you wake up and the first thing you think about it getting on TCS to see what's happened overnight.
...you love the cats on here as much as you love your own.
...you have a hard time not calling your husband/wife dh/dw.
...the moment something exciting happens you run to tell your TCS friends before any of your friends in real life.

Any that you have of your own?
...you make the cats wait before you clean their litter box and then when you see somebody mentioning litter box, you run in and clean it out of guilt.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..when you refer to a virtual vacation thread for RL vacation advice.

Just did this for someone heading to the Yucatan.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're addicted when you have a deadline at work and the clock is ticking down, but you just have to take a little break to see if there's anything new in the forum.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with what everyone said! So funny!

When something happens and you can't wait to come write about it on TCS.

When everything you do makes you think "That would make a great thread on TCS".

When you get so excited you could scream every time you get a gift (as if you were getting a gift in person) from someone or a PM!

When your house is a mess but you aren't cleaning it 'cause you're too busy (being on TCS that is!)

When you check your e-mail and our inbox is full of messages saying someone has replied to a thread you posted on on TCS!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized it the other day, when I was at my parents' house, watching the hockey game with my dad. I had to check TCS between periods, just to see if anything new and interesting had been posted!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Cause friends on TCS are thicker than blood.
"

I'm not sure I like being called "thick"!!

These are great - I'm nodding and smiling at all of these and the DH is sitting looking at me like I'm mad!