Kinky Tail

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since Dusty and her sister took over our apartment, I have noticed that the tip of her tail has a couple of kinks in it. I has gotten more pronounced as she has gotten older. It is cute... I t seems she has a V at the tip of her tail. I love it, because at night, I can tell which kitty is snuggling up to me. Rusty's tail is smooth, no kinks...

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
how cute.

we had a cat when I was a kid that had a kink in her tail.
adorable

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Ever since Dusty and her sister took over our apartment, I have noticed that the tip of her tail has a couple of kinks in it. I has gotten more pronounced as she has gotten older. It is cute... I t seems she has a V at the tip of her tail. I love it, because at night, I can tell which kitty is snuggling up to me. Rusty's tail is smooth, no kinks...
How about a picture of Miss Kinky Tail?

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of my male cats have a kink tail. One was a feral, but one is a pedigreed cat. The kink tail rendered him useless for the show ring or for breeding (it's considered a fault) so the breeder gave him to me. He is the cutest, smartest cat I've ever had and I'm so happy he is "kinked"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How about a picture of Miss Kinky Tail?
You can't see it in pictures since it is very slight. But I hope to post more pics this weekend.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, and here is the old legend:

Siamese cats were kept by the royalty of Siam, as you may know. They were especially popular with the ladies of the harem (remember "The King and I?"). Saimese cats with a kink in the end of their tale were especially prized, because the ladies could put their rings on the cat's tail while they were bathing, and the kink would keep them from coming off easily and getting lost.

I have had several cats with a kink near the end of their tale. Truman had one, which I think he got when I stepped on it one time. Punkin has one under that imitation fox tail, but he had it when we got him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute!

Chynna has a small bend at the tip of her tail. Maybe about 1 inch. It's not noticable though. But if you pet her along her tail to the tip of it, you can feel it.