The waiting game (Sophie's thread)

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello my name is Lindsey and I am 19 years old. My kitty sophie got outside a couple of times, dummy me without thinking didn't write the date down...Well about 4 weeks ago I noticed that her belly was pretty big. Since then it has gotten much bigger although I don't think she will have that many kittens because she isn't huge. Yesterday her milk came in. When I gently squeezed her nipples there was milk. Today same thing exept I think a little more is coming out and it seems her milk glands have gotten big. She seems to have a little bit of clearish to brownish discharge coming from her vulva which is also swollen and sensitive. She follows me around some of the day meowing but most of the time she is sleeping in her bed. She very rarely goes in either of the 2 boxes I made for her. When she lays down it looks like her babies are dancing inside her. When do you think she will have them? Oh and she will definatly get spayed when this litter is weaned. This was definatly unplanned. I am so impatient it seems every day I think they are coming but I am let down every day. lol
I will post some pics of her later when I get them loaded. She is a torti tabby.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

Hello my name is Lindsey and I am 19 years old. My kitty sophie got outside a couple of times, dummy me without thinking didn't write the date down...Well about 4 weeks ago I noticed that her belly was pretty big. Since then it has gotten much bigger although I don't think she will have that many kittens because she isn't huge. Yesterday her milk came in. When I gently squeezed her nipples there was milk. Today same thing exept I think a little more is coming out and it seems her milk glands have gotten big. She seems to have a little bit of clearish to brownish discharge coming from her vulva which is also swollen and sensitive. She follows me around some of the day meowing but most of the time she is sleeping in her bed. She very rarely goes in either of the 2 boxes I made for her. When she lays down it looks like her babies are dancing inside her. When do you think she will have them? Oh and she will definatly get spayed when this litter is weaned. This was definatly unplanned. I am so impatient it seems every day I think they are coming but I am let down every day. lol
I will post some pics of her later when I get them loaded. She is a torti tabby.
Hi Lindsey,

From everything I have read, I think you have about a week or less. I took in a pregnant stray recently (but have no other cat pregnancy experience) but I have spent hours and hours reading about cat pregnancy and labor.

So in my professional opinion
your kitty will deliver within a week. Keep us posted and don't forget to post pictures!!

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, probably about a week.. but definitely really soon!

Post some pictures when you get time, we would all love to see her.

for a healthy, safe, smooth delivery!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will probably have them (from your signs) within the next week. I'm glad you are getting her spayed ASAP. Remember to NOT let her outside until she is spayed.

And keep the kittens till 10-12 weeks old so they will be well adjusted kittens. BTW very pretty Brown Patched Tabby/White (that's what she's called - color wise) - you should have a nice colorful litter

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very pretty girl! She looks big to me! I'm in the waiting game, too.

Here's my girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your cat is adorable!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Mom of my Oreo is a Calico with Tabby Markings. I just tried to post her Picture but my compuer is messing up. She had 4 Kittens. One all Black. My Oreo Black and White and two Tabbys. I got Oreo at 3 Months of age. Your Cat looks nice. She should have this Week. It was worth the 2 Hour Drive to get Oreo.

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is on day 65 of her preg, and hasn't had any discharge at all or swelling?! Does this mean she may still have a week or more to go and I got my dates wrong? Or do some cats just not have discharge/swelling?

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures of my sweet baby today relaxing with her doggie friend.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just an update. No kittens yet. Today sophie tried to jump onto the counter but didn't quite make it. She also got stuck behind the refridgerator and had to be rescued. She has never gone back there before. She has also been poking into every little nook and cranny. I hope it's soon.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes I made her 2 boxes in different rooms lined with towels and she has a dog bed that she likes to sleep in.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today's picture. This is the look I got as I was walking up the stairs. I just happened to have the camera.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She still looks like she has some room to grow! I think it should be pretty soon though! She's very beautiful! I would love to have a cat that looked like that! She dont pop soon and we're going to have to start taking bets on her too!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think she has to go soon. She is small but she has all the signs that she will have them soon. I'm guessing 3 kittens.