Help with pregnant cat

angel_girl13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is 1 month pregnant and we have a guy and a girl so i need help
i dont no how to keep them abart can m y cat be fighteg the guy cat plz help im new here

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angel_girl13

i dont no how to keep them abart can m y cat be fighteg the guy cat plz help im new here
They both need to be spayed/neutered.

You can wait until after the female has kittens, but can you afford to spay/neuter all those kittens? Pay for their shots? Find good homes for them? If she is spayed now, she won't have to have the litter. I understand that not everyone is ok with doing that, so if you aren't, then make sure she is spayed after.

I don't understand your post, you say that your 2 cats are fighting and you want to keep them apart? Put them in separate rooms/parts of the house.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Were you intending to breed these cats? Sakura is right, they need to be spayed/neutered.

Not to sound like Bob Barker, but thousands of cats and kittens are euthenized every year. If someone adopts a pregnant stray, or some misfortunate accident happens, I can understand the ethical dilemna in deciding to spay an already pregnant cat, but I don't understand why anyone would put an un-neutered male and unspayed female together

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

If you take her to the vet, the vet will be able to spay her and abort the babies. How old are you? Talk to your parents and figure out what they want to do about it. They both need to be spayed and neutered as soon as possible.

highnote

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are probably clinics in your area that will do the spay/neuter for next to nothing.

Females that are NOT fixed will constantly cry (VERY noisy), and try to escape. She could easily slip out and get away.

Males that are NOT fixed will spray urine in your house to mark their territory. You don't want that either.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be seperated at the very least. Talk to your parents about it! I didn't understand some of your post , I think you said "can my cat be fighting the guy cat" but Im not sure, so Ill just answer what I got out of it! No, she shouldn't be fighting while pregnant!